project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
13 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2020-09-27, 16:30   #1
[R-CON]​Aleon
PR:BF2 Contributor
PR Server License Administrator
Default New chat positioning blends with server messages

Not having the chat in the middle of the screen is great, but when there is a lot of activity both in chat, and in server messages, the two kind of blend together. It would be great to have one (or two) chat lines worth of empty space separating the two, so that server messages don't flow into chat, and the other way around, making it easier to read both.

Aleon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-27, 16:47   #2
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: New chat positioning blends with server messages

I have been playing with the new chat position for the past week already and never had issues with it. However I think admins could reduce the map vote message timer to spam the chat a bit less. There is little need to have it popup every 10seconds now.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-28, 09:23   #3
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
I have been playing with the new chat position for the past week already and never had issues with it. However I think admins could reduce the map vote message timer to spam the chat a bit less. There is little need to have it popup every 10seconds now.
I assume you refer to the spam caused by the empty string kill feed? So this has been removed via binary edit and alon magic?
No more empty kill feed spam?

EDIT:

Quote:
Fixed server messages getting pushed off screen too quickly.
dis?

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-28, 09:36   #4
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS_ual_TY View Post
I assume you refer to the spam caused by the empty string kill feed? So this has been removed via binary edit and alon magic?
No more empty kill feed spam?
In the past past you had to show the map vote messages often as it quickly got pushed of screen. Now with the empty message spam removed it stays way longer on the screen so the map vote messages become the main spam. Most servers have set the interval to 10seconds, I guess 20 or even 30 seconds would be fine now.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-14, 01:37   #5
Brotherscompany2

Still it makes it incredibly harder to quickly check things out.

lts just a huge wall of text and its hard to quickly distinguish server messages from Chat leading to a greater amount of time just trying to find out if a team kill was actually intentional or reports and so on.

I would never trade not having to press Page Up if its what its referring to than being able to quickly check Server stuff without having to look for stuff its simply not piratical at all.

Rarely do I ever complain about changes but this is by far the worst one made Admin side, just horrible it made everything so much more difficult especially if you couldnt check a report in the moment (ex: you are in a firefight and you can only check the Command Log 2min later) it makes just wanting to ignore and not to deal with the report deep down.

Would love to see at least 1-2 line of distance, the current change made checking stuff a pain in the ass.
Im honestly amazed there arent more people mentioning this.
Brotherscompany2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-14, 02:36   #6
ChemoXXII
Banned

I guess this is off topic but, the change to the character limit seems like a heavy change for a small problem. I get people complain about the chat (45-year-old single dads(I'm sure you know who I am referring to)) in the middle of their screens but they could just not... look. It isn't that hard. The change doesn't seem to have any pros, in my opinion, only cons. Admins can't communicate with each other or players in one message but instead, have to flood the screen with multiple messages with !r or !s. Warnings can't be descriptive, and when dealing with newer players longer warnings are typically used. I and I imagine others would love for this change to be reversed, or at least have the character limit increased from what it currently is.
ChemoXXII is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-14, 11:29   #7
WingWalker

Moving the chat spam out of the middle of the screen, probably one of my most favorite changes in PR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemoXXII View Post
could just not... look. It isn't that hard. The change doesn't seem to have any pros
Really??

You never had the chat spam going like crazy about something retarded across your screen blocking your view while you're trying to see down range with all hell breaking loose.

Honestly man.
Last edited by WingWalker; 2020-12-14 at 11:38..
Old 2020-12-14, 11:45   #8
PBAsydney
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
Moving the chat spam out of the middle of the screen, probably one of my most favorite changes in PR!

Really??

You never had the chat spam going like crazy about something retarded across your screen blocking your view while you're trying to see down range with all hell breaking loose.

Honestly man.
Never bothered me, missing important intel because it blends in with server messages and teamkills is a bigger concern for me.

HITREG CARRY
PBAsydney is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-14, 12:08   #9
Danesh_italiano
Supporting Member
Angry Re: New chat positioning blends with server messages

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBAsydney View Post
Never bothered me, missing important intel because it blends in with server messages and teamkills is a bigger concern for me.
Agree. Sugested adding option on launcher for chat position but message got removed and i got punished. 10/10

I only know that I know nothing. Só sei que nada sei. Sólo sé que no sé nada. So solo di non sapere nulla. Tantum scio me nihil scire. Je sais seulement que je ne sais rien. Tiedän vain, etten tiedä mitään. Ich weiss nur dass ich nichts weiss. Ek weet net dat ek niks weet nie. Wiem tylko, ?e nic nie wiem. Heoi ko ahau anake e mohio ana kahore au e mohio. Ngiyazi kuphela ukuthi angazi lutho.
Danesh_italiano is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-14, 13:16   #10
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesh_italiano View Post
Agree. Sugested adding option on launcher for chat position but message got removed and i got punished. 10/10
Might be related to the fact that you posted your great suggestion into "Realistic vehicle seat capacity - feedback" thread.

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote