project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2021-01-08, 04:24   #1
THE__DRIFTER
Supporting Member

Default [Solved] Profile Issues

I have been around for a very long time. I have come and gone with BF2 and such but from time to time I end up frustrated. So my question at hand is the following.

When I log into the game I can play single player fine. I have a default player which works. My problem is what to do if I want to join a multiplayer game? My original player profile disappeared several computer builds ago once Gamespy disappeared.

I know there are not many servers for this mod now but would like to get back to playing it from time to time.

How can I modify, create, or edit my "default player" into something with an actual name that I can also join a server? I would appreciate any help I can get at this point.

Thanks.
Last edited by THE__DRIFTER; 2021-01-10 at 01:46..
Old 2021-01-08, 08:13   #2
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Default Re: Profile Issues

When prompted, log in via steam.

Then go to Play -> Manage Profiles and create an account with a name of your choosing.

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-09, 01:37   #3
THE__DRIFTER
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
When prompted, log in via steam.

Then go to Play -> Manage Profiles and create an account with a name of your choosing.
Thanks Nate. Unfortunately I do not play through Steam. I originally had the game and all expansions on disc / dvd. Later it was all moved into Origin. Should I also get it through Steam then as well?
THE__DRIFTER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-09, 12:21   #4
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

Project Reality is a standalone game which does not require BF2. Furthermore, installing BF2 and PR together will break either one of these or both.

Since version 1.6 we require all players to log into our player verification system throgh third party services and currently you can only do it through Steam. You just have to have a Steam account so that we can verify your identity, that's it.

https://www.realitymod.com/manual/en...g-a-pr-account

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-10, 01:45   #5
THE__DRIFTER
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchar View Post
Project Reality is a standalone game which does not require BF2. Furthermore, installing BF2 and PR together will break either one of these or both.

Since version 1.6 we require all players to log into our player verification system throgh third party services and currently you can only do it through Steam. You just have to have a Steam account so that we can verify your identity, that's it.

https://www.realitymod.com/manual/en...g-a-pr-account
Thank you Suchar.

I am not sure what the issue is or was. I fully uninstalled the first install and reinstalled on a new drive in a new directory. This has gotten me as far as the Steam part to login with my account.

As far as I can tell the issue is resolved at this point but if I encounter further difficulties I will reply here.

Thanks again to both of you.
THE__DRIFTER is offline Reply With Quote