project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2021-09-15, 17:17   #1
UncleSmek
Default Recoil has destroyed gunplay

The recent changes to recoil has completely revamped gunplay and if weapons remain as disfunctional as they are, referring to the G3 mainly these kinds of updates are useless.
Its just the same with the AR changes earlier. You are completely changing something that is working. What is the reason for these changes?
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-15, 18:52   #2
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: Recoil has destroyed gunplay

Quote:
something that is working
Completely disagree
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-18, 15:56   #3
Brotherscompany

I have to 100% agree with Smek here, you completely ruined the gunplay in PR the recoil is way too extreme now it makes gunfights so awful! This new update makes the gameplay so much worse for people that suffer from low FPS which is a known problem to PR its harder to maintain the reticle on target and compensate for the insanely high recoil, and people dont own Gaming mouse pads, personally l dont have one due to personal reasons l have a simple one from a random company that gave them for free, with this update l dont have enough room to compensate for the recoil my mouse simply exits the mouse pad, the solution to this is to increase the DPI and there we go, lost my accuracy which is so important in PR as you 2-3 shot kill.

Here are some tests l just did comparing how far my lazer traveled to maintain my reticle on target full auto mag dumping (these are good results as l was alone in the server with high FPS and l was already to control the recoil, in real engagements l cant get these conditions nor am l prepared to fully auto weapons if lm not focused)
  • QBZ 95 non scope - 3-4cm
    QBZ 95 scope - 8cm
  • G3 scope - 15cm
    G3 non scope - 5cm
  • C7A2 scope - 10cm
    C7A2 non scope - 4.5cm
  • AK (RUS) scope - 10cm
    Ak (RUS) non scope - 4.5cm
  • G36A1 scope - 10cm
    G36A1 non scope - 4cm
  • FN FAL - 6cm
  • MAT 49 - 4.5cm
  • x95 - 3cm

These results are obviously not 100% accurate as they are prone to human error from my part but they are still results after multiple mag dumping.
Basically the High RPM weapons still have the same recoil and some cases lower than other weapons ( was actually surprised by this), but they still feel SIGNIFICANTLY EASIER to shoot on full auto than other weapons while it feels so freaking harder to control LOW RPM weapons. You basically destroyed the entire PR gunplay to resolve one issue of high RPM lazer weapons which still feel significantly easier to shoot in comparison to other weapons.

Meanwhile you completely fucked up the G3 for real and made it even more useless, it was my favorite weapon and always had a lot more recoil than other weapons but holly molly is it garbage now. lm dying so frequently because l cant full auto the weapon due to the insane high recoil or simply because my mouse went off the mouse pad. For the love of god just revert this update.
Last edited by Brotherscompany; 2021-09-18 at 16:24..
Old 2021-09-18, 16:15   #4
rogdozz

Can someone explain to me what the purpose of the recoil update was? I'm asking genuinely, because I was expecting guns like MP5 or full auto M4 to be nerfed in the update in favor of weapons like insurgent AK or G3. But it's like the opposite happened, I'm confused. Am I missing something?

Either way I think devs just need to rethink balance and then it will be fine. I do feel like the recoil feels more reliable than it used to, its just balancing that's weird.
rogdozz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-18, 16:47   #5
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogdozz View Post
Can someone explain to me what the purpose of the recoil update
Make semi-auto a viable option, and nerf 900RPM
Old 2021-09-19, 01:05   #6
Coalz101

If you're having trouble full autoing just tap fire on semi since they made it so you can shoot faster on semi or burst fire (hold for a sec then let go) on auto. And honestly, I think there should be a faction consideration when it comes to recoil. I'm sure a trained russian soldier will have less trouble handling the recoil of an ak74 than some random insurgent/militia men with minimal training as it doesn't seem that way right now.

I've had 1 time when I tried to hip fire someone 5-10m infront of me and I missed atleast 80% of my shots. (we both were moving and he had standard issue US m16/m4)
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 10:15   #7
anantdeathhawk

IIRC, from my gameplay recently, recoil should be in ascending order like 5.56, bullpup, 7.62 for rifles. Just a thought. Right now M4 recoil is a bit horrendous. Add sway animation of trying to keep the weapon on target.
I have only played with US as of yet with new update.
anantdeathhawk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 21:40   #8
Danesh_italiano
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSmek View Post
What is the reason for these changes?
Simply because a group of 10~15 people (devs/testers) WANT IT. Always has been like this with almost all changes in PR... the only exception was the bullet/ragdoll damage that somehow got reverted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonTavor View Post
Make semi-auto a viable option, and nerf 900RPM
Never had problem on 2 tapping people 20m+ on single fire....

=============

This is just another waste_of_time_topic as 90% of other feedback topics.

Devs already made their "mind" and probably not gonna get reverted.

The only thing in the game that was not that broken (apart from AR deviation), got broken/worse.

CQB veri bad now.

IRL recoil is way less than PR (should not a game be easier than real life?!)

Since what changed fullauto recoil is a result of a "FIX" in the code, then recoil need to be reduced.

or....

just get a bigger mousepad

I only know that I know nothing. Só sei que nada sei. Sólo sé que no sé nada. So solo di non sapere nulla. Tantum scio me nihil scire. Je sais seulement que je ne sais rien. Tiedän vain, etten tiedä mitään. Ich weiss nur dass ich nichts weiss. Ek weet net dat ek niks weet nie. Wiem tylko, ?e nic nie wiem. Heoi ko ahau anake e mohio ana kahore au e mohio. Ngiyazi kuphela ukuthi angazi lutho.
Last edited by Danesh_italiano; 2021-09-19 at 23:36..
Old 2021-09-19, 22:11   #9
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
Supporting Member

I'll be honest, I wrote a large reply for Danesh, but then wondered what's the point? Danesh already made his mind.

So far, every round I play everything feels much better.

Quote:
full auto mag dumping
That's exactly what we tried to make less viable.

Quote:
Meanwhile you completely fucked up the G3 for real
Are we playing the same game? The G3 is extremely strong now.
Old 2021-09-20, 00:34   #10
Brotherscompany

Well there doesn't seem much hope in arguing since it seems you already have made up your mind.

Any comments on the fact High RPM weapons still feel easier to shoot and have the same (from my test feel free to come up with a oficial one) length in the mouse pad to control than Low RPM weapons or is that intended in the new model?

Yes Semi is more viable now but honestly it just feels like a spam fest of who can spam the fuck faster the fire button as your your reticle will fall off target as you are just spamming in the hopes the bullets hit your target, which already was a thing before if you spammed Semi over trying to accurately trying to place your shots on semi so l dont really understand why try to force this as the new combat system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonTavor View Post
Are we playing the same game? The G3 is extremely strong now.
Im sorry without trying to be rude but did you guys even played the game before the update?

More recoil = stronger weapon? Or am l missing something or some secret stat that has been added or not mentioned.

All guns have had their recoil increased, the G3 has 3x has the recoil of regular guns how is it better now? Because you can use single fire and 2 tap like frontliner mentioned on Discord? You could already do that in the past and it excelled at it being basically a marksman rifle hidden as a rifle. You basically almost removed the ability to shoot it on Auto which was already a issue in the past since the gun had a high recoil and it was looked as a useless weapon for many, it was one of the few weapons l would have Single rather than Auto more often than not.
Last edited by Brotherscompany; 2021-09-20 at 00:45..