project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2022-01-02, 09:43   #1
LiPOTO
Default Punishment for hitting friendly mines

Since all mines and contact IEDs are now automatically marked on the map upon placement, would it be possible to punish friendlies who hit them with a longer spawn time? It would motivate players to check their maps and be more careful around mine markers. Thanks for any reply.
LiPOTO is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-08, 20:51   #2
WingWalker
Default Re: Punishment for hitting friendly mines

Its too easy to get caught up in the action and not check your map.

Its not like team killing where you have to think about it usually before you shoot.

I don't really think there should be a team kill penalty though now that the mines are marked. Its annoying enough that someone on your team wasted a mine you spent time laying.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-09, 02:03   #3
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiPOTO View Post
Since all mines and contact IEDs are now automatically marked on the map upon placement, would it be possible to punish friendlies who hit them with a longer spawn time? It would motivate players to check their maps and be more careful around mine markers. Thanks for any reply.
Solution. Build IED walls for enemy to step on and friendly to see more obvious on map. Another solution would be instead of blocking off the narrow passage way completely, put the IED off to the side so people will accidentally NOT step on it versus accidentally stepping on it.

Can't post it here cause of explicit lyrics. But look up Project Reality: Safe Avoidable Trap Placement for Friendly (Not BLOCKING narrow passages) or you can also just look up Trap Life Project Reality to find same video which worked for me to find it just now on YouTube search bar.
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2022-01-09 at 16:20..
Old 2022-02-12, 03:51   #4
WingWalker

You know what, I change my mind.

I agree with the original poster...

After a playing a number of INS maps where I laid many mines, it was very annoying watching people drive right into them just driving from point A to point B.

Even with the bright red skull in the middle of nowhere, marking it on the map. I would even be typing over and over "MINES!" in the chat watching the player drive right into the mine.

Treating the mines like an asset would be nice.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-01, 10:38   #5
UncleSmek

This is a really good idea!
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-01, 10:55   #6
[R-DEV]​Rusty_42
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiPOTO View Post
motivate players to check their maps
How about motivating players not to mine friendly positions? That what happens most of the time with mines.

you can turn off signatures in options
Rusty_42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-01, 13:04   #7
UncleSmek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_42 View Post
How about motivating players not to mine friendly positions? That what happens most of the time with mines.
The map changes constantly.. A minefield might have been setup to defend one flag but is now functioning as a hinder for advancement to the next.. However the situation evolves they are mined and players can be considered warned..
Old 2022-03-01, 14:47   #8
[R-DEV]​Rusty_42
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSmek View Post
The map changes constantly.. A minefield might have been setup to defend one flag but is now functioning as a hinder for advancement to the next.. However the situation evolves they are mined and players can be considered warned..
It's an engineer job to think about that. If does happen go and dig mines back before hindering friendly troops.

you can turn off signatures in options
Rusty_42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-01, 19:59   #9
UncleSmek

Quote:
It's an engineer job to think about that. If does happen go and dig mines back before hindering friendly troops.
Yeah you're right but right now people do not even get a death from running over a mine.. some kind of punishment would minimize it atleast. Like, someone might kill civilians now and then but if you are serious about winning you'd avoid :P
Old 2022-03-02, 00:57   #10
WingWalker

Quote:
In the instances I was talking about, there were not friendly positions being mined, 2 were on roads traveled by the enemy, and 2 were closer to the enemy main at choke points of approaches...

Either way, people lay mines regularly on INS...

... mines can be seen on the ground and there is a GIANT RED SKULL AND CROSSBONES ON THE MAP showing people where they are...

No reason people can't be expected to spend 2 seconds looking at the map to see there are mines in the area. No matter where they are on the map.

If they die its because they didn't do what they should have done, and they wasted the efforts and the asset of another player.
Last edited by WingWalker; 2022-03-02 at 01:05..