project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2022-05-02, 17:57   #1
chupachupp
Default DShK emplacements should spawn with ammo

I've experienced a round at Ramiel in insurgence as African Militia and to me it seems the balance is swung into the wrong direction. OPFOR has it hard enough as it is, since squad play is often a lot looser in insurgency.
I think DShK and maybe regular MG emplacements should spawn with some ammo on them already. It makes sense that ATGM, SPG, AA and mortars got nerfed by delaying their ability to operate, last patch. However, the MG and DShK emplacement without ammo seems a bit much.
chupachupp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-02, 22:33   #2
Coalz101
Default Re: DShK emplacements should spawn with ammo

Not gonna happen, everything was nerfed for a reason, reverting it now will just make the change seem pointless and a waste of time for the devs
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-03, 01:11   #3
MOSES!!

have your sq mates go riflemen and put ammo on the mgs and place them around the cache to refill or a ammo techi do ammo runs around the hideouts and cache area it dosent take that long to refill your ammo bag off the crate or cache.
MOSES!! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-22, 07:29   #4
Sapper28
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOSES!! View Post
have your sq mates go riflemen and put ammo on the mgs and place them around the cache to refill or a ammo techi do ammo runs around the hideouts and cache area it dosent take that long to refill your ammo bag off the crate or cache.
For the INS faction it just doesn't work like that. There is generally no easy way to request a warrior kit (with an ammo bag) for the INS faction. INS generally don't get supply crates, only ammo boxes.

INS needs to be able to request warrior kits at hideouts / caches. BLUFOR can request a rifleman kit easily at a supply crate. This is a significant disadvantage.

This update has completely nerfed the INS factions ability to utilise deployable assets.

Since 0.85 i think... too long ago

Sapper28 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-22, 08:00   #5
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

You can rearm at hideouts.

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-22, 15:32   #6
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
You can rearm at hideouts.
Along that line, would it be possible for INS factions to gain ability to request kits (or just warrior kit as alternative to all kits) from hideouts?
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-04, 16:21   #7
MOSES!!

They can request the warrior kit from the spawn menu
MOSES!! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-05, 00:34   #8
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOSES!! View Post
They can request the warrior kit from the spawn menu
I think he meant as an alternative to get ammo, but it can easily be exploited on hideouts so I'd say don't do it.

Just to explain so more:

The only way to get ammo if you spawned with a kit that doesn't have ammo to fill emplacements for insurgents is to die then respawn with a kit that does have ammo bag. Its understandable for me as to why this is done so you just need to plan a bit more with an unconventional faction that barely has any logistic structure in place.
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
ammo, dshk, emplacement, mortar, spg