project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2022-05-23, 14:02   #1
Bzdziuch
Default Rifleman AP changes

1. I noticed that now some factions carry 2 claymores each (4 in total) while some carry only 1 of each kind (2 in total).

Could we give the rifleman AP 4 claymores in total for every faction? Reason: noone uses the kit and it's impossible to set up an ambush/defense with only 2 mines which you have to separetly detonate.

2. Additionally would it be possible to increased the damage dealt to unarmored vehicles (trucks, technicals etc.)? Currently claymores can sometimes kill the passengers if you are lucky while barely dealing any damage to the vehicle itself.

3. One more quality of life improvment would be adding a little color strip to the claymore model so that you can tell which one is where after you deploy them (I always forget)
Bzdziuch is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-24, 18:47   #2
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Default Re: Rifleman AP changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bzdziuch View Post
1. I noticed that now some factions carry 2 claymores each (4 in total) while some carry only 1 of each kind (2 in total).

Could we give the rifleman AP 4 claymores in total for every faction? Reason: noone uses the kit and it's impossible to set up an ambush/defense with only 2 mines which you have to separetly detonate.

2. Additionally would it be possible to increased the damage dealt to unarmored vehicles (trucks, technicals etc.)? Currently claymores can sometimes kill the passengers if you are lucky while barely dealing any damage to the vehicle itself.

3. One more quality of life improvment would be adding a little color strip to the claymore model so that you can tell which one is where after you deploy them (I always forget)
Resupply your kit from the nearest ammo supply, grab your detonator, right click to switch back to the fresh claymore you just resupplied, place it somewhere. Repeat.
bad_nade is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-01, 02:02   #3
Bzdziuch

Ok but why is there a discrepancy in the ammount of claymores between factions?
Bzdziuch is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-04, 12:29   #4
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Quote:
Why they should be equal? Asymmetry is one of main design goals of this game and it can be seen everywhere, not just in kit loadouts.
bad_nade is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-09, 23:36   #5
WingWalker

Quote:
Reality.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-10, 00:49   #6
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
Reality.
You want reality it wouldnt be in the game then. Shit is super efficient while being super inefficient. Most soldiers now a days dont learn how to implement it due to the preceding explanation.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-23, 21:20   #7
K-Massive

Did some testing with the rifleman AP command detonated mines, and the damage and/or range feels a bit weak to be actually useful...

Following measurements facing the mine as the 3D marker gives you distance:

33 meters = instant kill
36 meters = heavy bleed
~40 meters = 1 patch sufficient for healing

33 meters is also the distance you can throw frag grenades standing still, not jumping no circus tricks. To me that feels kind of disappointing

Maybe double or 2,5 times multiply the deadly/wounding distance?

Didnt test the damaging on unarmored vehicles but they should do serious damage to them aswell.
K-Massive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-24, 01:43   #8
[R-CON]​PotatoLord
PR:BF2 Contributor

In real life the lethal range of a claymore extends up to 50 meters and wounding extends up to like 100, I feel like that would be a fair buff considering the claymore is even weaker than insurgent IEDs in terms of effectiveness right now
PotatoLord is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-24, 02:03   #9
VTRaptor

I think claymores were actually nerfed few patches ago, even though nobody used them.
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-24, 05:34   #10
K-Massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRaptor View Post
I think claymores were actually nerfed few patches ago, even though nobody used them.
At the moment they are pretty much useful only in certain large building interiors
K-Massive is offline Reply With Quote