project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2022-09-13, 12:36   #1
TheSpaghettiGamer
Default Will the game work on my laptop?

Hi so I have a notebook (idk the name though) and it's also old so I am wondering if it can run on either a decent or at most 40 fps

Specs:

Cpu: Amd a6 7310 with radeon r4 graphics card (Well I suppose it's a apu)
Gpu Amd radeon r4
Ram: 8 gb
Driver Version: Amd adrenaline 2022.06.01

And also the game is stored on a sdd drive
TheSpaghettiGamer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-13, 12:42   #2
TheSpaghettiGamer
Default Re: Will the game work on my laptop?

And if there's any other way to increase fps besides reducing graphics, video stuffs kindly let me know cause I have been getting a hell outta problems with lags sometimes
Old 2022-09-15, 15:44   #3
[R-COM]PvtNewb
Support Technician
PR Server License Moderator

I'm sorry but that APU is too old to play PR, I had an A8-7410 (one generation newer) and it runs super bad. At minimum, Ryzen APUs are the way to go if you want to play PR on AMD.

Extra tip, reduce your resolution to 800x600 and you might get a better framerate.

PvtNewb is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-17, 12:05   #4
TheSpaghettiGamer
Talking Re: Will the game work on my laptop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtNewb View Post
I'm sorry but that APU is too old to play PR, I had an A8-7410 (one generation newer) and it runs super bad. At minimum, Ryzen APUs are the way to go if you want to play PR on AMD.
Thx a lot!

Quote:
Extra tip, reduce your resolution to 800x600 and you might get a better framerate.
Dang now I won't be able to see enemies within 10 meters
Last edited by TheSpaghettiGamer; 2022-09-17 at 12:07.. Reason: Dual answers in one post ( to save some thread space)
Old 2022-09-17, 17:01   #5
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpaghettiGamer View Post
Quote:
Dang now I won't be able to see enemies within 10 meters
He suggested lowering resolution, not view/draw distance. Lowering resolution would not lower your overall ability to see enemies (especially within 10 meters), though it can reduce the overall picture quality including jagged lines that you'll not be able to smooth over with anti-aliasing as you try to minimize the work your PC/laptop does to draw these frames.

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-18, 09:00   #6
TheSpaghettiGamer
Arrow Re: Will the game work on my laptop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
He suggested lowering resolution, not view/draw distance. Lowering resolution would not lower your overall ability to see enemies (especially within 10 meters), though it can reduce the overall picture quality including jagged lines that you'll not be able to smooth over with anti-aliasing as you try to minimize the work your PC/laptop does to draw these frames.
Yup that's what I am doing and I actually meant like lowering the overall resolution would mean playing it on a worst quality with everything low sometimes

Tags
graphics or gameplay