project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
28 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2023-05-04, 16:40   #1
[ZOV] Pesh

Question purpose and functions of voice chat :/

I am interested in voice chat, there is a local chat and squad chat.
it's more or less clear with the squad chat, but I didn't understand who can hear the local chat? will people around me hear it, or will there be a connection with all the people in the team?

PS: I apologize for the mistakes in the text, because I don't know English well. I also apologize if I wrote the wrong discussion, this is the first time I'm sitting on a gaming forum :)

Sincerely, Pesh from Novosibirsk :)
[ZOV] Pesh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-04, 17:25   #2
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: purpose and functions of voice chat :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ZOV] Pesh View Post
I am interested in voice chat, there is a local chat and squad chat.
it's more or less clear with the squad chat, but I didn't understand who can hear the local chat? will people around me hear it, or will there be a connection with all the people in the team?

PS: I apologize for the mistakes in the text, because I don't know English well. I also apologize if I wrote the wrong discussion, this is the first time I'm sitting on a gaming forum

Sincerely, Pesh from Novosibirsk
Local is like IRL, talking to friends - if you walk too far away, you can't hear them. In PR, this is the equivalent of speaking with your voice to another person or group. Anyone in "earshot" can hear what is said, except enemies*. "Squad chat" is like picking up a short range radio, pressing the talk button, and saying something over a radio channel that each member of your squad is tuned into, with a speaker in their ear.

Intersquad chat (pressing the NumPad 1-9) is like using a long range radio, one that only the leaders are tuned into. Squad Leaders can use this to coordinate with other Squad Leaders, including air support and transport. Squad members cannot hear this or speak on this radio because they do not posses it in their kit.

Last edited by SemlerPDX; 2023-05-18 at 02:11.. Reason: *edit at asterisk per reply below
Old 2023-05-07, 09:35   #3
Leshy

You will also be banned from most servers with that [ZOV] prefix.
Leshy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-08, 08:47   #4
ceoluki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy View Post
I was also banned but won't be able to access it anymore. And he's normal.
Last edited by ceoluki; 2023-05-09 at 01:33..
Old 2023-05-08, 20:10   #5
Bonvi
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
Anyone in "earshot" can hear what is said, even enemies.
Enemies don't hear you lol.
Quote:
Like for what?

Bonvi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-09, 18:31   #6
Gerfand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonvi View Post
Like for what?
I guess he thinks its some political party and not some gamming clan?

I also wonder, I saw some guy kicking anyone that was Ukranian or Russian from his Squad last time I played on HOG, but like that was one guy with meme standards.
Gerfand is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-10, 05:24   #7
SemlerPDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonvi View Post
Enemies don't hear you lol.
I should have been more precise. This isn't Arma

@Gerfand AZOV is not a gaming clan, and gaming clans associating themselves with this group are not welcome on most any licensed PR server.

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-15, 08:36   #8
Leshy

Quote:
I should have been more precise. This isn't Arma

@Gerfand AZOV is not a gaming clan, and gaming clans associating themselves with this group are not welcome on most any licensed PR server.
It is not "AZOV" tag, it is "ZOV" tag... as in Z, O, V, the letters used by Russian invaders on their vehicles. While AZOV is a tag referencing the Azov Battalion who have been defending Ukraine since 2014.
Leshy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-15, 18:13   #9
SemlerPDX

Quote:
It is not "AZOV" tag, it is "ZOV" tag... as in Z, O, V, the letters used by Russian invaders on their vehicles. While AZOV is a tag referencing the Azov Battalion who have been defending Ukraine since 2014.
If that is the case, same outcome. Leave IRL politics out of it, this shitshow hits too close to home for way too many PR players, and we don't need it spilling over here. This tag will certainly not be allowed on VG PR server(s) at any point, regardless of a missing "A" - the context is clear that is an alignment or association by proxy that is unwelcome.

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-18, 10:17   #10
Catmouse

Quote:
If that is the case, same outcome. Leave IRL politics out of it, this shitshow hits too close to home for way too many PR players, and we don't need it spilling over here. This tag will certainly not be allowed on VG PR server(s) at any point, regardless of a missing "A" - the context is clear that is an alignment or association by proxy that is unwelcome.
Kudos for saying this in a neutral tone.

Sometimes people do not know the impact of their actions e.g. potentially provocative tag due to their limited socio-cultural exposure.
Catmouse is offline Reply With Quote