project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
28 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2023-07-29, 18:54   #1
Crylink
Question Your opinion on "Eye zooming"

#what is "Eye zooming"? - well if you played any game from the Arma series you would know that by holding down RMB your FOV will decrease, and it will be apparent that you are zooming as if you were looking through a camera.

#What is "Eye zooming" used for?- in order to simulate the human eye through a 1920x1080p monitor , the Arma devs have implemented eye zooming to compensate for the comparatively low resolution screen.

#My Curiosity is what PR players opinion is on such a system being implemented into Project Reality.

#Are you against it because zooming isn't realistic?

#Are you in favor because it will diminish the Advantage 4k screen players get?
Crylink is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-30, 03:22   #2
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Your opinion on "Eye zooming"

Eye zooming, or zoom focus is good because things get pixelated from a distance, it compensates by allowing you to see better without it being op.

It's a good gameplay mechanic.

Arab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-30, 17:54   #3
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

If something like this was implemented, it would be nice if there was a randomized deviation which occurs when returning to standard zoom (releasing "eye zoom"). The effect would be that crosshairs/screen center are not in the same location as they were during that "eye zoom". This would prevent exploitative use of this zoom for long-shots with unscoped rifles, etc.

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-31, 13:58   #4
Grump/Gump.45
Exclamation Re: Your opinion on "Eye zooming"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crylink View Post
#[U]

#My Curiosity is what PR players opinion is on such a system being implemented into Project Reality.

#Are you against it because zooming isn't realistic?

#Are you in favor because it will diminish the Advantage 4k screen players get?
Put your hands around your eyes like fake binoculars or squint and tell me you don't have a 1.5x natural zoom capability.

Also, look at finger in front of your face, things behind it blurry, look past finger then finger is blurry.

How about we just just call this eye zooming thing in game "Squinting". The "Squint" and "Sprint" control are on just one button.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-31, 17:59   #5
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
Put your hands around your eyes like fake binoculars or squint and tell me you don't have a 1.5x natural zoom capability.
I don't have 1.5x natural zoom capability. This is because I live in the real world.

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-01, 14:05   #6
deathgivercola

It’s already in the game my dude. When you are aiming down iron sights, hold shift.
deathgivercola is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-04, 07:47   #7
Crylink

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathgivercola View Post
It’s already in the game my dude. When you are aiming down iron sights, hold shift.
Read the title again...

also its a minor zoom compared to Arma's zoom
Crylink is offline Reply With Quote