project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support
14 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2023-10-31, 16:48   #1
Sattoo
Exclamation FPS Drops and Lag

Hello everyone, i'm sattoo and i play at PR 3 years ago, what's is the problem? before i had bad pc and now have a good pc with
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3400g With integrated graphics
RAM 16 gb
Integrated Graphics have 2gb VRAM and 6GB of memory.
SSD and HDD disk's

When i enter into the game with Low Quality spec the game is so laggy when i look around any part of map, example if i look any city my fps drops to 20-30 when i can play Arma 3 at 60 FPS and ARMA 3 need more requiments to run fluently

Aditional to this i only run discord when i play with my friends and i think is the only .exe that consume RAM and CPU usage
Sattoo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-31, 23:01   #2
[R-COM]PvtNewb
Support Technician
PR Server License Moderator

Default Re: FPS Drops and Lag

Set the affinity of PRBF2.exe to just two threads of different cores, you can do this with task manager or NotCPUCores.
Then set the priority of PRBF2.exe to realtime.
Also consider overclocking your memory if possible, make sure to maintain 1:1:1 ratio between DRAM clock : mclk : fclk when you OC.

Windows' scheduler of first gen Zen (also Zen+) is kind of a mess especially with older, lightly threaded games.

PvtNewb is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-04, 07:27   #3
Sattoo

Dude I try to do you tip and don’t work, I run another games with better graphics with 60 fps fluently. So I don’t know why if PR are an old game don’t run correctly.
Sattoo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-15, 05:17   #4
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sattoo View Post
Hello everyone, i'm sattoo and i play at PR 3 years ago, what's is the problem? before i had bad pc and now have a good pc with
That is what I have been saying. Its ever since the shader updates of 2023, for me at least. This is why on the last post on FPS I gave my perception of the history of game performance from FPS to connection issues.

I had a good computer that ran the game 100% smoothly until the shader updates. After the shader updates it got so hot for a few months until it undid thermal paste for something that makes the computer run on contact with it.

Before this it would take copious amounts of smoke grenades to get a little bit of game FPS stutter out of my laptop.

I went from $700 laptop to $200 laptop this fall till winter deals come up.

Maps were still playable with FPS drop after the new foliage/shadow shaders were updated on the $700 laptop.

Some maps that are issues for me on this $200 laptop when just trying to exist in game:
-Kunar Province FPS drop when not looking through scope
-Aschberg
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-22, 12:10   #5
[R-COM]PvtNewb
Support Technician
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
That is what I have been saying. Its ever since the shader updates of 2023, for me at least. This is why on the last post on FPS I gave my perception of the history of game performance from FPS to connection issues.

I had a good computer that ran the game 100% smoothly until the shader updates. After the shader updates it got so hot for a few months until it undid thermal paste for something that makes the computer run on contact with it.

Before this it would take copious amounts of smoke grenades to get a little bit of game FPS stutter out of my laptop.

I went from $700 laptop to $200 laptop this fall till winter deals come up.

Maps were still playable with FPS drop after the new foliage/shadow shaders were updated on the $700 laptop.

Some maps that are issues for me on this $200 laptop when just trying to exist in game:
-Kunar Province FPS drop when not looking through scope
-Aschberg
You can just disable advanced shaders from the launcher settings, though this will revert the depth fighting fixes and you'll see more clipping from far range.

PvtNewb is offline Reply With Quote