project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions
05 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Factions Discussion on PR:BF2 community factions.

Old 2024-01-22, 14:24   #1
[R-COM]M.MCC
PR Community Faction Lead
PR Server License Administrator

Post [Faction Concept] IRAN ARMY

Hello everyone, I am a loyal PR player from China. During the years of playing, I have been thinking why not separate MEC and become a real country in the Middle East. This idea has been conceived until today, so I Decide not to just fantasize, but to take action immediately. I am still in the learning and research stage of BF2 modification, so the progress may be very slow. At present, I and another partner who have this idea have started some work. If you also want to see this faction, then come and join us.

If you want to help, here is the list of man we will need:
1.Modeller
2.Mapper
3.Texturer
4.Programmer.
If you want to join us, contact me via discord(my name:M.MCC)

This is the design formhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I plan to make weapons and equipment from 2000 to 2016, but due to the limited collection of data, there are still many things missing. If anyone can provide help, I will be very grateful.
What's missing:
smoke bomb
As well as some soldiers' equipment information.
I'm planning to mod from MEC because I think MEC has a lot of things I can use

For individual weapons, I would still choose G3A3, because according to the data, Iran still has a large number of G3A3 equipment in service. The bayonet part follows the G3 matching bayonet.
I will still choose the P226 as a pistol. So far, it is still a large-scale weapon in Iran. (Although it is a replica version)
For precision shooters, I think the G3SG/1 is also very good.
I'm still undecided about light anti-tank troops. Should I choose rpg26 or rpg7? Or something else.

Things that need to be modeled:

1.The soldier's kit needs to be modified a few things, but I'm still checking the information at
the moment.

2.Siyavash sniper rifle (Looks like a replica of the American M40 rifle?

3.Zulfiqar-3

4.F14A

5.F4D

6.JEEP(Aras)

7.Truck(Neynava)

8.RPG-29

Vehicles to be retextured:
1?MEC's soldier models need to be remodeled to look like Iran

2.UH1D

3.CH-47

4.MIG-29A

5.Panha 2091 Toufan-2(super cobra in game?

6.T72S

7.Boragh

8.FV101

9.BMP1

BMP2/BMP2M

BTR-60PB

Finally, regarding the map, I want to take a moment and finish the things in front of me one by one before learning about the map. I will not blindly rush to complete something, I will do it well if I have to do it.

Thank you all, I hope you can correct my mistakes and help me improve it. If you want to join us to complete it, I will feel great honor to cooperate with you.
Last edited by M.MCC; 2024-01-27 at 01:14..
Old 2024-01-22, 14:47   #2
[R-COM]M.MCC

Default Re: [Faction Concept] IRAN ARMY

Some of the work I'm doing at the moment is texturing first, and once the texturing is done I turn my attention to the model. Below are some semi-finished products of work in progress. He still needs to be modified. By the way, can anyone provide me with pictures of the soldiers' body armor equipment? I'm a little clueless now.Because only the front of the profile picture can be seen

chinook is almost done he still needs some small details. I am currently re-texturing mig29, and decoloring makes me feel cumbersome. Where can I find these psd project files? Maybe this will make my progress faster.

M.MCC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-23, 02:47   #3
dcm1

Dont mean to shit on your parade. But is this meant to be an mec reskin?(with added as made assets) Since they both use G3s and all.
dcm1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-23, 07:35   #4
[R-COM]M.MCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm1 View Post
Dont mean to shit on your parade. But is this meant to be an mec reskin?(with added as made assets) Since they both use G3s and all.
According to the information, they do have many similarities, but there are also many differences. Maybe it’s because MEC already has Iranian elements in it. I plan to re-texture the soldier model, but I will redesign the KIT as the information evolves. There may be a lot of things that will be changed to make him more Iranian, rather than a pure MEC reskin camp.
Old 2024-01-25, 16:16   #5
InchPincherToo

Are these includes other weapons than G3? Like AK/M16 for examples?

After looking into your design plan, it looks just like MEC all over again unfortunately. I do remember making these stuff again but with AK/M16's and it's more like a Republican Guards/Corps for MEC.

And, yes i never shared them around here, not yet...
InchPincherToo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-25, 17:57   #6
[R-COM]M.MCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by InchPincherToo View Post

After looking into your design plan, it looks just like MEC all over again unfortunately. I do remember making these stuff again but with AK/M16's and it's more like a Republican Guards/Corps for MEC.

But according to an Iranian member of the team, the Iranian Army, not the Revolutionary Guards, is still using G3 as its standard weapon, as well as a bunch of BMPs. I think the similarity between him and MEC is that their weapons are all G3 and some carriers. Same thing, but that's the reality.
Of course, we are still collecting relevant information from all aspects to improve the content of the plan.
Old 2024-01-25, 18:06   #7
[R-COM]M.MCC

Quote:

If you have experience in this area and have some free time, can I invite you to join in and help?
Old 2024-01-25, 19:38   #8
InchPincherToo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAngrenze9788 View Post
If you have experience in this area and have some free time, can I invite you to join in and help?
I'm afraid i can't help you atm, busy life as usual.

But, i still would say this feels redundant, but good luck anyways.
InchPincherToo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-25, 19:52   #9
[R-COM]M.MCC

Quote:
I'm afraid i can't help you atm, busy life as usual.

But, i still would say this feels redundant, but good luck anyways.
I don’t think this is redundant at all. MEC already has some Iranian elements in it, so when I bring out the Iranian faction, I will definitely feel that MEC has a certain thing, but in fact MEC is just a fictional faction. Compared with the real Iranian faction, there are still many things that are different. For example, we will give him a Persian dub at the end. But thank you for your suggestions anyway.
Old 2024-01-25, 21:06   #10
[R-COM]M.MCC

Releasing some completed progress content, the texture reset currently in the team has been completed for these three aircraft. F4D is fabricating it with the help of team model artist krayt. Content will be released again later once progress is made.

CH-47

UH-1N

MIG-29A

Tags
faction