project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-02-12, 11:14   #1
Borsig
Default Reduced RPG accuracy, insurgent only?

Just wondering if the EXTREMELY reduced RPG accuracy is only for Insurgents? I havent noticed it playing MEC.

Guys, (Devs) I have to say I think you over did it a bit. When Im shooting at an APC 50M away from me and the round travels 30M and slaps into the ground or flies right over that APC, its a little......retarded? I mean come on.... Escpically when there is no rifleman ammo carrying class for insurgents, like on Basrah. I just think its a little exaggerated. I can see not shooting targets far away with them like you could in say .4x. But now, I mean you have to be suicide close, like 30M Max it seems to score a hit. I just think thats a little much considering the ammo situation.
Old 2007-02-12, 11:16   #2
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

The insurgents have additional deviation.

Old 2007-02-12, 11:17   #3
BlackwaterEddie

I thought RPGs would be one of the easiest items that insurgents would have to use, just point and click, ive fired at vehicles before with one on the game and its actually landed just in front of me and killed me, i agree, its a tad retarded
Old 2007-02-12, 11:19   #4
Harrelson

yeah, there is some random crap affecting rpg accuracy. immediately after firing it veers off 10 meters to the left or just hits the ground 5 meters in front of you.

sometimes i feel like pulling my hair out considering there is no other weapon available.
Old 2007-02-12, 11:22   #5
LiquidSnake

Agree with borsig. Sometimes the RPG goes like 2cm away from crosshair :-/
Why not making it like Grenadelauncher? So you have to wait a few seconds until you can shoot precisely.
Old 2007-02-12, 12:57   #6
Guerra norte

I suggest a more precise RPG for MEC with optics.

And a ironsighted one for the insurgents.

Sorry no pic.
Old 2007-02-12, 13:22   #7
Clypp

The deviation is a little much. I can't hit a stationary Cobra for the life of me.
Old 2007-02-12, 13:42   #8
WNxKenwayy

It's called project reality for a reason. Insurgents for all their RPGing greatness rarely hit what they intend too. This is mostly from a lack of training with the weapon system. Because you can't simulate that in PR, we have to use random reviation. You want great accurate weapons play as the USMC.
Old 2007-02-12, 15:02   #9
vanity

I've hit Cobras wtih RPGs and countless APCs. Never experienced this "deviation issue" before. Where you crouched and aiming? I've never fired them standing up or w/o aiming a few seconds first.
Old 2007-02-12, 15:51   #10
Harrelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxKenwayy
It's called project reality for a reason. Insurgents for all their RPGing greatness rarely hit what they intend too. This is mostly from a lack of training with the weapon system. Because you can't simulate that in PR, we have to use random reviation. You want great accurate weapons play as the USMC.
then what is the point of playing anti-tank on basrah when you know your only 2 rounds are worthless, you dont have a backup gun mind you....

Tags
accuracy, insurgent, reduced, rpg