project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-02-16, 04:54   #1
DrTH

Default which part do of iron sight do i aim with

somehow i always miss if theyre like 300 mtrs away but wen theyre like 50 mtrs i can hit them rly easily. dont start flamin me but which part do i aim with the iron sights the very top tip or the middle?
Old 2007-02-16, 04:56   #2
Freshmeat

Down the Middle, Try bursting off a few shots and not full auto that might help
Old 2007-02-16, 04:57   #3
Spectre

I aim right at the tip. If going for a good long shot, I also just let the sights settle a bit... know idea if that does anything, but it helps me to refine the aim a little. If it's a real long shot, I'll aim slightly higher, but only a fraction.
Old 2007-02-16, 05:00   #4
trogdor1289

I just always use the tip of the sights and aim for the upper chest.
Old 2007-02-16, 05:40   #5
Skinwehr

This is how to use a standard Iron sight. In game, you cannot ajust the elevation, so just aim slightly high. For practice, play single player and teamkill some bots.

Old 2007-02-16, 06:25   #6
.:iGi:. Eggenberg4Ever
Supporting Member

The tip: compensate for distance of course

What's French for deja vu?
Old 2007-02-16, 11:09   #7
causticbeat

ive always put the tip of the sight below their head, making it almsot like a lollypop. how i learned to shoot a gun, how ive shot ever since
Old 2007-02-16, 16:13   #8
El_Vikingo

Do you Aim?!?! I just close my eyes and hold the button down in their general direction!!
Old 2007-02-16, 16:22   #9
MadFF

Try shooting against a wall when you are close enough to see where your shots are hitting. I found with the M-16 that it was shooting low for me, I have adjusted by aiming what I would consider a bit high. So for me at least, using Skinwehr's picture, I would actually be hitting the targets "crotch" aiming like that. If I aim so that the targets head is at the top of the sight, I am actually hitting the body.

A great time to try this is when waiting for your pilot's kit (after crashing in practice flights, lol).
Old 2007-02-17, 23:18   #10
.:iGi:. Eggenberg4Ever
Supporting Member

IF the BF engines' ballistic model is true then initially, at short range, the projectile journey curves upwards for a short(ish) distance.
From middle to long distance the projectiles' parabola follows an expected pattern.
I can't be bothered drawing it and can't be arsed to Goggle a pictorial description. You'll just have to picture a wonky sine wave that goes down-up-down and trust me (and my rather sketchy memories of being an armourer in the REME many moons ago)

What's French for deja vu?

Tags
aim, iron, part, sight