project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2007-02-19, 01:29   #1
RealOne81
Default Install Never Starts Help?

Hello everyone I just Dl'ed the .5 version and am totally new to PR I cant wait to play! However I cant even install it because whenever I click on the install.exe nothing ever happens it just shows the hourglass and nothing starts?!? I meet the sys requirements and have plenty of HD space. Ive also tried DL'ing from different locations and still the problem persists . Can anyone give me any direction cause I'm really anxious to try this mod with my friends!!
Old 2007-02-19, 03:07   #2
[R-DEV]TheRealFritz
Server Administrator
Supporting Member

I sometimes (not with PR so far) get the same type of install hangs. What usually helps is shutting down every other application.

Old 2007-02-19, 22:06   #3
RealOne81

Yah Ive tryed that several times and still the problem persists I even let it sit there for a good 15 mins and it never starts the install! I have several other games and BF2 mods installed and they all work just fine! Man this really sucks if anyone has any advice please share it with this poor soul!
Old 2007-02-20, 10:05   #4
wealthysoup

ive got the same problem, heres the error message i get when i right click and select run as:

edit: there was a zip file and a .exe file (on 2 different partitions of my hard drive) i think my brother moved the exe from the zip file, and it wouldnt work, i got it working now though
Last edited by wealthysoup; 2007-02-20 at 10:49..
Old 2007-03-05, 11:53   #5
Flashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealOne81
Hello everyone I just Dl'ed the .5 version and am totally new to PR I cant wait to play! However I cant even install it because whenever I click on the install.exe nothing ever happens it just shows the hourglass and nothing starts?!? I meet the sys requirements and have plenty of HD space. Ive also tried DL'ing from different locations and still the problem persists . Can anyone give me any direction cause I'm really anxious to try this mod with my friends!!
I got the same problem and would like some help.
Old 2007-03-05, 13:23   #6
Outlaw22
Retired PR Developer

Try this program for shutting down background tasks safely.
A FREE program (Smart Close) I use it all the time
http://www.bm-productions.tk/
Then try the install.

You can have my gun when you pry it from my paranoid,
mentally disturbed, physically-abusive, cold, dead hand.
Old 2007-03-06, 16:32   #7
Anjel_LoneWolf

i started a new thread sumwhere cuzza this problem, does anyone know why it doesnt work, cuz if u dont know the problem u cant find an answer, unless we ALGEBRA this fuxx0r - ANYWAY - same prob as these guys, ive opend taskmngr and it says its running but nothing actually happens, im Dl'ing teh zip file now, to see if teh Exe is corrupted sumhow, maybe during the upload process

but ye generally anyone any ideas on why not how?

Tags
install, starts