project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
30 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2004-08-10, 21:56   #1
claygast
Default Suggestions by $parTacu$

1- Revival
Say a soldier takes a non-fatal hit (say in the limb or the side of the gut), but dies ingame anyways... The medic should be able to revive him to 25-40% health and he should be able to walk aroun slowly with a weapon. May not be easy to code, but I imagine it should be thought of.

2- Good pistols, only to certain classes.
If I am correct, then not every soldier carries a sidearm. So only certain classes (officers, pilots, snipers) should be able to. However, the side arm should be just as lethal (maybe a little less) as a rifle at short range, and less lethal but still considerably powered at medium range.

3- Snipers improvements
The rifles should have more lethal shots, only a couple sharp shooters allowed for team (maybe kit). They should be stealthier, deadlier, and harder to spot. However, the new microphones in some HMMWVs within 5 miles of his position can detect a sniper's shot and locate him. Maybe this could be incorporated somehow (where sniper is always visible on HMMWV driver's map. In all honesty, considering this will be a lot of USA/Europe vs. Guerilla warriors, sniping should be tipped in the Guerillas' favor, as they are constantly picking off Americans.

4- Setting
2010. Main battles with tanks and attack helicopters/jets should take place in China or North Korea. I would like to see this mod be Ghost Recon era, with still experimental or newer weapons (for instance, M16A4 instead of M16A2, or even the new H&K weapons). But for small infantry battles, consisting of infantry (duh), transport helicopters, and light vehicles should take place in global theaters in various SOCOM deployments.
I think the near future is the way to go, as even DC felt somewhat boring for its 12 year old hardware

ADDED:
I'd basically like to see the whole "do more with less" philosophy for Western militaries take place.
claygast is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 22:08   #2
JS.Fortnight.A
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

A few very good points which we'll surely be looking at. Thanks for your input!

Project Reality Operations Lead v0.2-0.3
JS.Fortnight.A is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 22:08   #3
requiem
Retired - Project Founder
Supporting Member

Good to see you on the forums again, some nice ideas there

requiem is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 01:48   #4
Black Beret
Retired Military Advisor
Default Re: Suggestions by $parTacu$

Quote:
Originally Posted by claygast
3- Snipers improvements
The rifles should have more lethal shots, only a couple sharp shooters allowed for team (maybe kit). They should be stealthier, deadlier, and harder to spot. However, the new microphones in some HMMWVs within 5 miles of his position can detect a sniper's shot and locate him. Maybe this could be incorporated somehow (where sniper is always visible on HMMWV driver's map. In all honesty, considering this will be a lot of USA/Europe vs. Guerilla warriors, sniping should be tipped in the Guerillas' favor, as they are constantly picking off Americans.
Don't worry about the mod's advanced marksmanship system. I will be making sure that it will be as realistic as possible.
Black Beret is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 02:26   #5
claygast

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV
Black Beret]
Don't worry about the mod's advanced marksmanship system. I will be making sure that it will be as realistic as possible.
Or as realistic as you think it is
claygast is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 02:31   #6
PunkRockerDave

My knives will > snipers
PunkRockerDave is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 02:42   #7
JS.Fortnight.A
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Oh yeah, well in BF2:

My Defibrillator paddles > than your knife.

Ugh! I can't wait to try that out; CLEAR! Pzzzztt! Dead, done!

Project Reality Operations Lead v0.2-0.3
JS.Fortnight.A is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 03:03   #8
Black Beret
Retired Military Advisor

Quote:
¿Qué?
Black Beret is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 05:14   #9
Dirtball

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV
Black Beret]
Quote:
¿Qué?
I think he is challenging your knowlage of Advanced Marksmanship...LoL. tsk tsk
Dirtball is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 05:19   #10
SpeedFire

Good points on all. I have to agree especially with the whole "do more with less" idea.
SpeedFire is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
$partacu$, suggestions