project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
30 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2004-08-12, 05:13   #1
GA
Default Different Weapon Systems for each class

It would be good if you could implement different weapon systems for a class, such as the SF soldier be able to use all the attachments that an m4 can handle, and the player can pick which loadout would be best for the mission....like if its a nightmap and the team needs to move under the cover of darkness....then he should have nvgs. and suppressed mp5 or m4 carbine. and if the map is really open then he should be able to use an m4 with an acog scope for distance shooting instead of an aimpoint which is good for CQB. A system such as in AAO or Ghost Recon. So depending upon the map that is being played the player can have a variety of weapon systems he could choose from during that mission and have the best loadout as possible
GA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 05:18   #2
JS.Fortnight.A
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

A few very interesting ideas/points, we will most certainly be looking into the possibilites once we have a handle on what the engine has for us to fully work with. Keep the ideas coming!

Project Reality Operations Lead v0.2-0.3
JS.Fortnight.A is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 05:51   #3
DrZero
Retired PR Developer

BF2 will have the option for players to be able to customise their loadout, we are still unsure as to what degree this is able to be done, but i believe you can choose what attachments your weapons have
DrZero is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 23:04   #4
ArchEnemy
Retired PR Developer

hearing things like this, just really making me

Retired PR Lead Coder
ArchEnemy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 03:07   #5
Black Beret
Retired Military Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV
DrZero]BF2 will have the option for players to be able to customise their loadout, we are still unsure as to what degree this is able to be done, but i believe you can choose what attachments your weapons have
I'm not so sure about that, Zero. I think it's just various "weapon slots" which featured pre-customized weapons.
Black Beret is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 12:48   #6
ArchEnemy
Retired PR Developer

something like Rainbow Six, this means that we can make an inifiny of weapons to use.

Retired PR Lead Coder
ArchEnemy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
class, systems, weapon