project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2005-11-09, 15:06   #1
Noetheinner

Thumbs up Bleeding

My buddy and I were playing vanilla BF2 last night (I know, I know. I'm a heathen) and we were taking about PR, and he said that you can stop the bleeding by swithcing kits. That sucks. I know you guys can fix it!

On another note, I was thinking. Every soldier in RL has a med kit. I was thinking that if you start bleeding, another soldier could come over and bandage you up with your 1 time use med kit to stop the bleeding. As in the guy who's bleeding, use his kit on him not use your kit on the other guy. I was tought, as most other military people, very very basc first aid. Stop the bleeding, start the breathing, treat for shock. I think that's it. I could be mistanken, there seems to be another one in there.

Just a suggestion.
Noetheinner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-09, 15:08   #2
Beckwith

i had proposed in the past a similar idea

every combat soldier i know is given at least one (i thought 2) tournequits, i had propsed they could use this to stop there bleeding but not give them back any health, this proved not possible as theres no way to eather stop stop the bleed and NOT give health back, or they can make it so it just gives enough health back to stop the bleed, i forget which
Beckwith is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-09, 15:12   #3
Noetheinner

ahh cool thnkx.
Old 2005-11-09, 15:14   #4
Beckwith

however i dont recall if i asked if a "one time use" medpack is possible it would i assume have to restore full health at least once
Old 2005-11-09, 16:07   #5
Enforcer1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckwith
however i dont recall if i asked if a "one time use" medpack is possible it would i assume have to restore full health at least once

You will be dead before you can even switch to it i guess. Most ppl already drop on the first two hits in PR. But that might help if you get hurt by splash damage.

Imo it should not heal, just stop the bleeding. When there is a command to have you bleed on a certain amount of health sure there is another command to nullify it.
Enforcer1975 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-09, 16:22   #6
Beckwith

believe or not i dont think there is, i forget exactly how Paladin, i think it was Paly, explained it but i got the impression that it cant be done that way
Old 2005-11-09, 17:23   #7
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

"Tournequits" given to the average grunt would cause more amputations than laser bayonets. I'm pretty sure they're discouraged from tournequits until after their pressure bandage and additional steps fail to stop the bleeding.

Everyone. Tournequits should NOT be applied by untrained personel except as an absolute last ditch measure.

There. Did my Good Deed.

Mapper of Road to Kyongan'Ni and Hills of Hamgyong;
Genius behind many Really Stupid Ideas, and some Decent Ones.

NikovK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-09, 20:54   #8
Noetheinner

hmmm just thought of something at work. If switching kits makes the bleeding stop as my buddy says, I was thinking, is you could find the line of code that makes that happen, you could switch it over to the one time "bandage". Possible? I have no idea, but it is just a thought.
Old 2005-11-09, 21:32   #9
Myrex

aye, something needs to be done about bleeding.. i die to many times from 1 shot, and they get the kill :S maby go with a Bf1942 thing and have medic stations.
Myrex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-10, 05:02   #10
BigEd88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrex
aye, something needs to be done about bleeding.. i die to many times from 1 shot, and they get the kill :S maby go with a Bf1942 thing and have medic stations.
thats what the supply drops are suppose to do, but if you have a half hearted commander those drops are few and far between.
BigEd88 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bleeding