project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2005-11-12, 21:31   #1
solodude23

Default Medic!!!!!

Alright...well...one thing about being a Medic in BF2/any mod...is that the second you click that kit, if you plan to revive teamates what-so-ever, you are signing your life away.

While your in a firefight, and someone near you happens to be gunned down...you have have the option to go for them almost immediatly or not. No other choice. Theres no waiting till the coast is clear for sure. You have 15 freaking seconds to make the decision and revive them. What the hell is that?

This is even more noticable in PRMM because people use cover and engage from longer distances, not to mention a shot or two and your down as well. For PR, I suggest that it is made so you can choose to wait on the ground critically wounded or choose to spawn as normal. If it cannot be made completly realistiy, where you have lest time or more time depending on where you were shot, then it should be made around 1-2 minutes.

If this is done, then you will be able to at least have time to gun a few of the enemy down or lay some good suppressive fire down your medic to go in and revive him. This idea would go great with the ability of being able to drag friendlys out of harms way, where the medic can work to revive him under cover.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-12, 21:56   #2
coi

and it would actually make ppl work together..no one i see works as a team
coi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-12, 21:57   #3
DWM|SgtSwabs

Thats a great idea in real life **depending on severity of the wound** you wouldn't just die in 15 seconds anyway blood loss takes a while to effect the body unless and artery is severed if an artery is hit your gonna die in about 20 secs, if its just a vein then you have about 45 secs to live.
DWM|SgtSwabs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-13, 04:05   #4
Happy
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coi
and it would actually make ppl work together..no one i see works as a team
How are banned people posting?
But I agree with the whole 15 seconds should be extended.
Also look at the downed teammate forum

Proud Killer of 38 Spambots.

After much intense calculation, it has been decided that your thread is already in the forum that you wish to move it to. Deep Thought should be jealous. - Moderator Control Panel
Happy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-13, 13:17   #5
Wolfmaster
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by =BONG=Happy
How are banned people posting?
he was probably banned after posting this... just my guess of course...

Wolfmaster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-13, 23:35   #6
ECale3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWM|SgtSwabs
Thats a great idea in real life **depending on severity of the wound** you wouldn't just die in 15 seconds anyway blood loss takes a while to effect the body unless and artery is severed if an artery is hit your gonna die in about 20 secs, if its just a vein then you have about 45 secs to live.

Uh, what? You'd have to take a pretty big hit to a couple major veins/arteries to bleed to death in 20-45 seconds. Even a hit to the femoral artery won't kill you in twenty seconds.
ECale3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-14, 01:28   #7
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

I agree, rez time should be extended.

Mapper of Road to Kyongan'Ni and Hills of Hamgyong;
Genius behind many Really Stupid Ideas, and some Decent Ones.

NikovK is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
medic