project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2007-08-08, 03:44   #1
dewmonster
Default Trouble downloading PR.

K, so yesterday I was downloading PR 0.6. It took six hours to download, which seemed a little ridiculous, so I just left it to download all day. When it finishes, I've got the folder and all, but when I go to extract the files so I can install it- BAM. Computer freezes up and tells me it finds a corrupt file.
I figured it was a bad download (The first try was from the 'gamershell' site from the 0.6 downloads section) So I try it again, this time from the totalbf2 link that leads me to filecloud. It's around nine O'clock, so I let it download overnight.
This morning the shit really hit the fan. When I clicked on the installer thing, my computer froze and I restarted it. Since left-clicking on it wouldn't work, I figured I'd try the right-click, which made the computer freeze for about a minute before the little right-click menu comes up. I clicked on run- frozen again.
I restarted, gave up, and deleted it.
What just happend? Is there anyway I can get this mod to work without spending half a day downloading, or messing up my computer?
Usually I'd give up around here, but the main reason I bought Bf2 was to play this mod, it looks awsome.
Could anyone help me out here?
Old 2007-08-08, 08:55   #2
.:iGi:. Greg

Ok, if I am hopefully correct, you seem to be restarting the PC for no reason.

It looks like your first download was corrupt and thats why it gave you that message but the next download may be ok.

What you have to realise is that when you doubleclick the installer it will seem to be doing nothing for sometime before the next screen comes up. Depending on your computer specs this could be a minute or several minutes.

Double click the installer then go away and leave it then come back 10 minutes later and the next screen should have appeared.

Tags
downloading, trouble