project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-08-08, 09:41   #1
Smellyelly
Post Deacreased Weapon Accuracy

One thing that always bothered me about PR(or bf2) is that there is no weapon sway, Yes i know it's probiliy hardcoded. Right now all the weapons are way too Accurate (Gameplay wise), right now as riflemen i can take split second long range head shots.

Today i was playing as the Chinese vs the Brits, I went rifleman and a squad was useing a bunker... and i just HS'ed about 3 of them before i felt sorry for them, and I just felt like i was playing unrealistic.
To reduce the accuracy would add much more depth in reality, tactics and mostly cover. No longer will you be aiming at the head but you would aim at the body, because it is more practical!

I always thought PR was about Gameplay realism and not of 100% literal realism.

P.S I have been playing PR for quite awhile but never really participated in discussion.
Smellyelly is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 10:32   #2
Ghostrider
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellyelly View Post
One thing that always bothered me about PR(or bf2) is that there is no weapon sway, Yes i know it's probiliy hardcoded. Right now all the weapons are way too Accurate (Gameplay wise), right now as riflemen i can take split second long range head shots.

Today i was playing as the Chinese vs the Brits, I went rifleman and a squad was useing a bunker... and i just HS'ed about 3 of them before i felt sorry for them, and I just felt like i was playing unrealistic.
To reduce the accuracy would add much more depth in reality, tactics and mostly cover.
The weapon sway feature is not hardcoded in BF2. Its not even available as far as I know. I understand it was added for BF2142 though..

Unfortunately, reducing weapon accuracy is not a solution to the problem and will only cause more problems. In the end, there is no problem solved, only one more problem added.

-Ghost

Ghostrider is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 15:07   #3
Expendable Grunt

Ghostrider speaks truth.
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 16:35   #4
$kelet0r

shame that the improvements in the BF2 engine are not backwards compatible from the 2142 cash cow
$kelet0r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 17:39   #5
VipersGhost

You know I don't mind that the weapons are so accurate...its kind of something we have to live with until the RL weapon MOA (Minute of Angle...RL deviation) is added in. Now there are a couple of things on my mind for this issue.

1-Now I've heard that artificial weapon sway can be added in (FH2 maybe?)...as your crosshairs float around but gun is still accurate to the center of the screen. NOW I would hate to have artificial sway all the time as theres no way to control it(unrealistic). BUT I would def like to see it(slightl sway) for the first 1 second (more or less) as you site the gun in.

2-Animate the aiming of all the guns like the support gun has.

3- Now this is a strange one, does anyone notice that if you are standing up and bring you sites up....your sites actually take a couple of seconds to become perfectly accurate. It's true, if you watch you scope sites right after you aim...they ever so slightly move and become more accurate as to where the bullet ACTUALLY goes. This is why sometimes we've been running, pulled up our scope and poped a 150 headshot only to see it miss. I'm not sure if every gun is like this but I garuntee its there....but ever so slightly. The reason I bring this up is that its possible that this "site-in" timing could be altered and increased to realistic values.
VipersGhost is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 17:42   #6
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Agree with VipersGhost: there is no way you can be at full sprint, pull your sites up and instant accurate out to 300 meters.... there should be much longer 'site-in' time: minimum 5 seconds IMO.

This will make players who are more stationary, better shots. As it is right now, there is absolutely no reason to EVER stay still in game, and that is very unrealistic
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 18:28   #7
$kelet0r

problem there is that there is no visual indication to suggest when you have reached that accuracy sweetspot, which would just make things frustrating
$kelet0r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 19:16   #8
VipersGhost

I agree it should be made easy to recognise.
VipersGhost is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 02:53   #9
WHPRaveman

well then you have to get back to the crosshairs like the old ghost recon for accuracy. I always felt that the first shot should be the winner! Even if I was not the one that shot first. There have been times I was able to spin on people trying to shoot me and I won! Felt like a cheap kill but I was still alive.
WHPRaveman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 05:38   #10
Smellyelly

I'm only talking minor Unaccuracy so that people go for chest shots insted of head shots and cover is a bit more effective. Right now all guns are just a tad to accurate.
Smellyelly is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
accuracy, deacreased, weapon