project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
13 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-08-24, 00:03   #1
milobr

Talking Civilian behavior

These are some ideas of how you should behave in the battlefield when playing as civilian.

First of all, never move far from your squad or team members. I've seen this happening so many times and the result is the Insurgents end up losing the round because of some retard civies that insist on moving far and throwing rocks at enemies. Stick together always. Or at least be sure you can sprint backwards safety in time.

USE SPRINT ONLY WHEN NECESSARY! That's right. If you have to move, don't use the sprint! Only use it when you are being followed by an enemy with a knife in his hand. I've found myself in many situations out of stamina because I was using it to move faster across the battlefield.

Always use the shovel (this may sound strange to some of you). Then, if you see an enemy trooper, make sure he saw you then lay down. That's right. Let the enemy see you using a shovel and lay down. Shovel seems to be more like guns than rocks, or wrench or bandages. The enemy may return fire because he may think you are an armed insurgent. Some of them are not used to see a civilian going prone when being shot at either as mostly they just stay up waiting to get a bullet in the head. Face him directly so he can't see your clothes. This works best in maps with low FOV, like Al Fallujah, and at very long distances (this is actually how it should be used).

SPOT THE ENEMIES! Never forget to always spot an enemy upon visual contact. That's your primarily function therefore always make sure you're doing it right!

Be a human shield! Yes. This is a very used tactic and you should never dismiss it. If you see a friendly firing, make sure you're between the enemy's bullet and him. If he is firing standing, then crouch and stay next to him. If he's crouching, then lay down next to him and if he's prone, then crouch on his back. Make sure it's impossible to the enemy to kill your partner without killing you

Heal, repair, etc. Yes, you have other functions beyong dying.

Make sure you have where hide yourself and then never go so far from that position. As an example, I find very useful to be near buildings. If all your squad is killed and enemies are running to knife you, use the hook to go up on a building and from there you can throw rocks at them.

Your rocks are not NUKES!1 So don't rush the enemies using them. Use them if you have no alternative (like you're going to die no matter what) or if you're in a safe position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natala
You -can- kill with rocks, it is possible but hard.
It only takes 2 well aimed hits to the head to kill a full health person. (Not joking I asked.)
Aiming the rock at the head however is a little more tricky, and its short range so your better off running.
But know, your rocks do real damage.

You can conceal yourself behind buildings, only exposing your head. Many enemies tend to think you're an armed insurgent, therefore shooting you and giving more points to your team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz
Also, you can conceal your body behind a wall and only stick your head out, heard its been done and British thought, its an Insurgent and shot the civi in the head
And then, if everything goes wrong, RUN TO THE WATER and stay there until your friends arrive. While there you can type some words in the game chat like "losers" or "u'll never get me lmao"

I hope you find this useful somehow.
Last edited by milobr; 2007-08-28 at 21:27..
Old 2007-08-24, 01:07   #2
<1sk>Headshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by milobr View Post
And then, if everything goes wrong, RUN TO THE WATER and stay there until your friends arrive. While there you can type some words in the game chat like "losers" or "u'll never get me lmao"
LOL
<1sk>Headshot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 04:39   #3
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Also, you can conceal your body behind a wall and only stick your head out, heard its been done and British thought, its an Insurgent and shot the civi in the head

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 05:28   #4
Cerberus

Quote:
I think they're allowed to shoot you if you're in the water.
Cerberus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 06:04   #5
milobr

If they are, like 0.1% of people are aware of this.
milobr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 06:20   #6
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
I think they're allowed to shoot you if you're in the water.
No, who told you that

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 08:53   #7
Emnyron
Supporting Member

Outlawz..
Just you and your watercooled civie friends sit there in the water unthill they get the `bow back in al-Bashra...
I can assure you, you will not be dissapointed..
Emnyron is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 22:35   #8
SNIPERxWOLFxGB

[quote=milobr;466915]These are some ideas of how you should behave in the battlefield when playing as civilian.
Be a human shield! Yes. This is a very used tactic and you should never dismiss it.[quote]

hahhahah

love it!!!
SNIPERxWOLFxGB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 13:58   #9
Thunder

i love making brits chase me around a corner into a line of my squad mates
Thunder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 16:56   #10
Natala

You -can- kill with rocks, it is possible but hard.

It only takes 2 well aimed hits to the head to kill a full health person. (Not joking I asked.)

Aiming the rock at the head however is a little more tricky, and its short range so your better off running.

But know, your rocks do real damage.

"If you pwn and you know it, clap your hands!"
Natala is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
behavior, civilian