project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-10-21, 06:21   #1
DavidP
Banned
Default Insurgent Drive By tactics.

Technical: Not many tips i can give ya that most dont already know but heres a few. This vehicle performs best in the Desert and City, It is the best to use when learning driveby's, And when destroyed there are always plenty more lying around. Now the tips.
Have Squad leader be gunner in Third position it lessons his chance of being killed, Have a civi in position 4 with his wrench out repairing the vehicle, In positions 5 and 6 have the guys watch your back and tell the Main gunner what to watch out for, It's good if they be RPG or Ambusher as Mines and Rpg's are nice deterents for enemy vehicles trying to follow you.

Pick up truck: Really i dont like it much, It's best at vcp circling but nothing else really. It may hold 8 people but with 6 max in a squad and limited weapon turning radius it really is hard to make it work. But when you do it is amazing! Have 2 squads of 4 guys each, Let both Squad leaders be infront and have their men spawn in back. If possible let Support/Rpg gunners be right behind the Sl's in term of position keep the civi's in the middle to repair and let Insurgents be in the back chucking molotovs.

Spawn Car: It's a beast in the city and pretty good at vcp but lack severeley in the desert because it bruises so easily. Giving it a bad rep. It only has 3 firing positions but with the ability for the Sl to spawn on the car if ever killed makes up for it drastically! Have atleast 2 guys with Pkms and 1 with Rpg, Have the Rpg gunner be in Position 2 and the Pkm gunners in 3 and 6, Slots 1,4,5 are to have 1 civi and 2 insurgents that can fix/heal/resupply ammo when stopped, And if possible try to find the M82 because of the Dual uzis(They were meant for drive by's wer'ent they ;D)
Last edited by DavidP; 2007-10-21 at 16:42..
Old 2007-10-24, 22:15   #2
1rankman

i like this tactic but the sq leader goes engnier and drives around not really getting in to combat drop off the grunt to attack the enemy. good for insurgent maps as British
as too many times have i seen people bogged down when the true objective is the ammo creates.
1rankman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 02:05   #3
DavidP
Banned

It's pretty crappy right now and just a few basic tactics. I plan to make a new thread soon with all my tactics.(After i'm done perfecting the art of the drive by)
DavidP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 12:55   #4
superaki

what has the m82 to do with the dual uzis?
superaki is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 00:01   #5
DavidP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superaki View Post
what has the m82 to do with the dual uzis?
Drive by's my young padawan drive by's.
DavidP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 21:38   #6
1rankman

ive found the m82 has not always has the duel uzis but some times has a pistol insted
1rankman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 22:04   #7
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

The other one is an M95...

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
drive, insurgent, tactics