project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-11-22, 06:55   #1
Soulja

Default Reloading.

This can be bad sometimes when said through the VOIP because if most of the squad is in a firefight and everyone tells when they reload it gets annoying. Now what i want to recommend to everyone is that when you are in a squad and have VOIP (Don't type this, iv seen ppl do it....) when you are doing an important job like if you have the RPG, support, etc that are useful to know are reloading. For example, if you are providing cover fire for your squad so they can advance with a SAW or PKM and you have to reload, tell them, say "I gota reload, take cover." or just "Reloading!" because that tells them they're cover fire's stopped and they should take cover and wait for the suppression fire to resume and also to watch for anyone who might be rushing during the break in fire. Now this doesn't only apply to LMGs, if you are providing cover fire period or using a vehicle mounted weapon this is a nice thing to let your squad know. Just get used to this and hopefully this is a nice tip for you guys.
Soulja is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 07:42   #2
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

we got a cool new voice over leftover from vanilla look out for it in next release
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 09:51   #3
MadTommy
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]fuzzhead View Post
we got a cool new voice over leftover from vanilla look out for it in next release
please tell me every time someone reloads they wont shout.. "I'm reloading!!!" (pls come and shoot me).. like they do with handing out ammo etc.

You're not going to do this are you?
MadTommy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 14:28   #4
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

no thatd be ghey
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 14:50   #5
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

So what is it, fuzz?

*sees men in black suits proceeding through the back door*

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 15:36   #6
Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTommy View Post
please tell me every time someone reloads they wont shout.. "I'm reloading!!!" (pls come and shoot me).. like they do with handing out ammo etc.

You're not going to do this are you?
Ala COD 4 it's helpful when you hear your team mates shouting it. I think they made it though that you can't hear the opposing team (I know thats ULTRA realistic ).

I'm betting it'll be on the Q commo rose though.

Was I right?
Morgan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 17:43   #7
Soulja

Well what im really saying would probably be out of voice range unless it comes up in text, but if a SAW gunner is 100m back providing cover fire it's nice to know when he is reloading. That's why I say use voip.
Soulja is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 18:56   #8
Morgan

I know that...

I was commenting on what fuzzhead said.
Morgan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 12:37   #9
Rico
Retired PR Developer

It's part of the Q comma rose nows, like roger that etc etc.
Rico is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 15:15   #10
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Did they add a new slot to the spam rose or replaced it with something?

If it's a new slot, we should also get the bridge_destroyed or enemy_mines_spotted? The 2nd would be very useful.

After that, add the enemy_wb_spotted

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
reloading