project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
09 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-10, 15:56   #1
Sadist_Cain
Supporting Member

Default Dead Silent

Is it possible for VOIP to be muted for a dead player until they respawn? I mean Muting both him hearing and being able to talk to teammates. Because it can really take away from a silent knife kill when someone says over the comm "Hey I've just been stabbed up here!"
It can also add an air off eerieness when your all chatting on voip then you notice a voice is missing... (couple this with losing the minimap/friendlies on the map) you wont know when someones dead unless youre all in formation watching each others backs.

Also can the vision be blurred whilest youre dead? annoying that I can see the details of the upcoming squad I need to attack.

Before people start going on about "ohh but I like talking when I'm dead" this is, has and always will be a REALITY modification, not a lets have a HUD and details on everything written before us.

Thoughts everyone?

p.s. the problem I see is people (especially clans) being able to exploit TS due to this...

Old 2007-12-10, 16:02   #2
HellDuke

Hm.. Do it if possible... Not really much of a change there tough since i use my voip only when there's a squad of voip users and everyone's talking.

Instinctly you always say over the voip something like "Oh damn it.. Got killed here" (at least i always do) but i always here the same response: "Yah.. Noticed that, sorry - couldn't help". Most players that use voip already notice when squad members die wether they say it or not.
Old 2007-12-10, 16:12   #3
Engineer

Everything you suggested has been suggested before.

Having completely black/white screen after you die is a good idea, but I dont know why it hasnt been implemented yet.
Old 2007-12-10, 16:13   #4
agentscar

Black And White Screen while waiting to re-spawn would be awesome!
Old 2007-12-10, 16:15   #5
HellDuke

Awsome for gameplay and boring to stare at for a whole minute... Would encourage players to stay alive
Old 2007-12-10, 17:03   #6
PaveHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadist_Cain View Post
Is it possible for VOIP to be muted for a dead player until they respawn? I mean Muting both him hearing and being able to talk to teammates. Because it can really take away from a silent knife kill when someone says over the comm "Hey I've just been stabbed up here!"
If you just knifed someone and then hear someone on VOIP say "Hey I've just been stabbed up here!" Didn't you just kill a squad mate?
Old 2007-12-10, 17:09   #7
Jonny

The devs keep saying the whole VOIP thing way too hardcoded to even touch. And its a .exe file, not something you want to play with at all.
Old 2007-12-10, 19:11   #8
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaveHawk View Post
If you just knifed someone and then hear someone on VOIP say "Hey I've just been stabbed up here!" Didn't you just kill a squad mate?
You dont hear them, but they say it to their squad mates... is what he meant.

Im pretty sure this has been brought up before, *edit* at least, the part about a black/colored screen:
Quote:
Black screen when dead [/color]1
http://realitymod.com/forum/showthre...ighlight=Death

Please search.

I dont know much about VOIP, but I highly doubt its possible, seeing as BF2 kinda sucks. And besides, it would just give an advantage to those using TS, which are probably the ones communicating between one another more often anyway, so it would get the few users on VOIP who keep up regular convo, but not the TS squads who might make more effective use of it.

Not to belittle VOIP squads, they are quite effective and fun, but the reasoning still stands that it wouldnt stop the TS squads from doing it so it wouldnt be an effective fix by any means.

Locked.
Closed Thread

Tags
dead, silent