project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2006-01-16, 11:45   #1
Kos'aaK
Default Surveillance / UAV

UAV is, hmm, a kind of wallhack. The plane which comes in 1.2, hmm, we'll have to see. But how about one person from the team dedicated to surveilance? Like the chopper in attachment, it's giving the commander constant sight of the battlefield from far away and is equipped with AT missles. I think it would be cool if you would put this into the mod. The line of sight would be the UAV effect in some area. Ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
oh58 kiowa.jpg  
Kos'aaK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 15:48   #2
GRB

That is the Kiowa support helicopter. It's already going in. See the media section. ( https://www.realitymod.com/index.php?page=gallery )

Also see this: http://realitymod.com/forum/f13-media-gallery.html
GRB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 16:21   #3
Kos'aaK

WOW Kickass, thanx GRB, sorry I didn't look myself. Hm, how is this going to be integrated into the gameplay? I saw a documentary where these were hiding behind trees, only the camera on top would stick up. Also, on my attached picture, it seems to be equipped with 4 AT missles, rather than the missles on the WIP (kinda look like the vanilla pilot missles).

Anyways, how about the idea that this little thingie would operate as a mobile UAV in some way?
Kos'aaK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 17:20   #4
dawdler

Replace the UAV with one of these instead:

http://www.global-security-solutions...Helicopter.htm

The commander would have a low view of the battlefield and could move everywhere, but the weakness would of course be that it could be shot down.

Plus it would be just cool seeing a minature helicopter pop up behind a building, take a peak and then go down again, lol.
dawdler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 19:10   #5
JellyBelly

Not sure its possible, but why not make a UAV control unit, where by you enter it and can control the UAV camera.The UAV itself would move on its own in a sort of holding pattern and just circle. You could then click on the map and the UAV would move there. The camera on the UAV could then be panned, zoomed in and out and lock onto certain points.
JellyBelly is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 19:25   #6
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

I would like to see something like jellybelly's idea if possible, since that's sort of how they work in real life correct?

BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 19:58   #7
dawdler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBelly
Not sure its possible, but why not make a UAV control unit, where by you enter it and can control the UAV camera.The UAV itself would move on its own in a sort of holding pattern and just circle. You could then click on the map and the UAV would move there. The camera on the UAV could then be panned, zoomed in and out and lock onto certain points.
But wouldnt it be more fun if that UAV was a controllable helo (with a similar camera idea, although fixed left/right angles similar to the regular helo pilot seat (otherwise it would be difficult to control it))?

Its is not unrealistic at all and would be the perfect thing to deploy close to the action, as opposed to a UAV flying so close/slow you could almost jump up and grab it.
Old 2006-01-16, 20:42   #8
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

Well, if it were a controllable helo, it wouldn't be a UAV.

Anyway, I think a dev commented on this already in the 'EA beat you to it' thread (or one of a similar name).

BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 21:23   #9
dawdler

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]BrokenArrow
Well, if it were a controllable helo, it wouldn't be a UAV.
Eh? So a remote controlled miniature spy helo wouldnt be a Unmanned Aerial Vehicle?

Oh, I hope this is the "unique" idea the devs will bring
If not, I can volonteer to model and code one (although I have no idea how remote control would work)
Old 2006-01-16, 21:58   #10
JellyBelly

Its not controlled in that sence of the word. It goes where you tell it and flys in a holding pattern above the area you specifify. You only control the onboard camera.
JellyBelly is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
surveillance, uav