project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2006-01-26, 20:54   #1
GRB

Lightbulb A few more Sound suggestions

I know there has been quite a few threads on sounds already but I wanted to talk about a few more ideas for some immersive sound improvements to the Mods experience...

Explosions in mid-air. For example, the sound of a jet and an AA missle making contact. The explosion should be very audible from the ground. Not the high pitched explosion sounds but mainly the low pitched "boom"..

Also, the pilot should have heared the missle explode or make contact with the plane the instant before he/she died.

1- Increase the sound radius for aircraft explosions.
2- Increase the sound radius and volume of AA Missiles.

Also bullets and tank shells making contact with things should be louder. Richochet sounds should be more audible in a combat environment. It adds to realistic immersion.

3- Increase the sound radius maybe the volume of Richochet/shell contact sounds.

I wanted to go back to aircraft sounds in the air. Jets and helicopters are possibly the loudest vehicles on the battlefield. Helicopters are not as loud as jets but their sound still dominates the rest of the combat sounds. Next to that is tanks firing their cannons.

But lets stick to ambient aircraft engine sound. The loudest of the aircraft is the Jets. When a combat jet swoops in and is flying at low altitudes, it should be attracting the most attention. Depending on the distance of course. In real life you can hear a jet when its 1,000s of feet in the air. So the lower they get the louder they are!

Helicopters arent no where near as loud as jets but, they need to have one distinct noise that's much louder from a distance. The low pitched thuddish noise helicopters make..Except for the little bird and other light helicopters. Lighter helos make more of a loud buzzing with fast humm-thumps in it...

Anyways, just thought I'de see what some of you thought about the current sounds..
Last edited by GRB; 2006-01-26 at 21:03..
Old 2006-01-26, 20:58   #2
Resjah

OH YES

that would be incredibly nice to have, I would love to hear the beautiful sound of launching a missile and then the explosion of the enemys jet. And instill fear into the enemys hearts when they hear a plane nearby .

On the thought of explosions, it would also be nice if their was more varying destruction models models for the aircrafts, and all other vehicles as well.

Nice suggestion
Resjah is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 21:07   #3
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

ye it would be really nice if you could hear missiles going past you when in the cockpit of a jet. dunno if missles make much of a sound but if you could hear 1 then you could do some evacive moves

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 21:10   #4
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

I don't know if you could really hear one, I mean planes are pretty loud. Maybe when you fired one you'd hear it a little but I really doubt you would hear it coming after you... That's why there's warning tones right? The explosions deffinitely need to be louder though, you should probably be able to hear the explosions from the ground (with the low height at which dogfights occur in BF2) and if you're in a plane and close to one that gets hit you should definitely hear the explosion.

Oh right BOMBS!! These need to be louder and have a much better concussive effect than they do already. More bass!

BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 21:12   #5
Resjah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino
ye it would be really nice if you could hear missiles going past you when in the cockpit of a jet. dunno if missles make much of a sound but if you could hear 1 then you could do some evacive moves
You arent going to hear the missiles coming towards you, 1.when missiles begin to near their target, they cut their rockets off to slow them selves down so they will be more maneuverable to hit the target, which causes them to be silent. 2 If their is any sound the missile is making, it will be masked by you own engine sounds.

But you will certainly hear yourself launch them
Resjah is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 21:14   #6
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

One thing I loved about bf1942, a nice little thing they had that wasn't huge but it sounded very cool, firing artillery pieces or the guns on a ship would create a great distant thud on the land that you hit. To be honest I havn't noticed that such a sound exists in BF2, but I may be wrong.

BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 21:22   #7
Figisaacnewton

If we cant make helis and jets louder, make everything else quiter.

also, make the radio commands about half as loud... they are so freakin annoying.

and if possible, whenever my character says 'frag out' or 'medkit here' i should be able to hear it.
Figisaacnewton is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 21:23   #8
GRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figisaacnewton
If we cant make helis and jets louder, make everything else quiter.

also, make the radio commands about half as loud... they are so freakin annoying.

and if possible, whenever my character says 'frag out' or 'medkit here' i should be able to hear it.
Very good idea.

And yes, yes you should be able to her yourself talk.
GRB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 21:43   #9
Evilhomer
Retired PR Developer

One thing that really annoys me are the radio sounds.
Who remembers DC final? The radio sounds had a far higher treble sound, with very little bass and more audiable static. Also had a tone at the end that made it feel as if it were a real radio.... Was fantastic!

Evilhomer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 22:01   #10
GRB

http://www.therecordist.com/pages/downloads.html

Sweet webpage.
GRB is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
sound, suggestions