project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2006-01-27, 03:45   #1
Happy
Retired PR Developer
Default Vehicle Class Limit

I think this just might be the code that would let the pilot class be the only class to fly aircraft but as I am no coder it could be just a bunch of bs and I wouldn't know. http://bf2.fun-o-matic.org/index.php...Limit#Download

Proud Killer of 38 Spambots.

After much intense calculation, it has been decided that your thread is already in the forum that you wish to move it to. Deep Thought should be jealous. - Moderator Control Panel
Happy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 04:58   #2
KingofCamelot
Retired PR Developer

Personally, I don't like that script from a gameplay perspective and from a realism perspective. For gameplay, it doesn't stop players from entering aircraft, it only destroys the aircraft and kills the player. So, you can still have a bunch of idots continually jumping in planes and getting them destroyed, letting no one use them. For realism, it doesn't make much sense for people to die and blow up the airplane because they don't know how to fly it. They may crash when trying to take off, but the thing isn't going to spontaneously explode because the sat in it.

Thats just my opinion, though. Personally I think the ideal solution is to stop players from entering the vehicle in the first place, but that doesn't look like its doable, atleast not at the moment. I think the next best solution would be to make the plane extremely hard to fly if the player isn't the pilot class.
KingofCamelot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 06:01   #3
GRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]KingofCamelot
Personally, I don't like that script from a gameplay perspective and from a realism perspective. For gameplay, it doesn't stop players from entering aircraft, it only destroys the aircraft and kills the player. So, you can still have a bunch of idots continually jumping in planes and getting them destroyed, letting no one use them. For realism, it doesn't make much sense for people to die and blow up the airplane because they don't know how to fly it. They may crash when trying to take off, but the thing isn't going to spontaneously explode because the sat in it.

Thats just my opinion, though. Personally I think the ideal solution is to stop players from entering the vehicle in the first place, but that doesn't look like its doable, atleast not at the moment. I think the next best solution would be to make the plane extremely hard to fly if the player isn't the pilot class.
LOL

That's by far the best solution I've seen for this issue yet!
GRB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 18:13   #4
Happy
Retired PR Developer

Couldn't you change it to something like this
Quote:
if vehicleType in ForbiddenTypes:
forbiddenClass = True
if 1 == mode:
#punish
mm_utils.msg_server( "To fly select pilot class cause this thing is going to kill you" % ( player.getName() ) )
vehicle.setDamage(0.00)
body.setDamage(0.01)

After much intense calculation, it has been decided that your thread is already in the forum that you wish to move it to. Deep Thought should be jealous. - Moderator Control Panel
Last edited by Happy; 2006-01-27 at 19:42..
Old 2006-01-27, 19:40   #5
Wolfmaster
Retired PR Developer

Bong, I'm guessing that's a good suggestion but for the sake of my eyes, please change that colour!

Wolfmaster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 19:42   #6
Happy
Retired PR Developer

Better?

Happy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 19:47   #7
Wolfmaster
Retired PR Developer

Absolutely.

Wolfmaster is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
class, limit, vehicle