project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2008-07-20, 05:20   #1
GrayeKnight
Supporting Member

Default C6 is over! CATA is victorious!

With one final swoop this campaign comes to a close.

I would like to congratulate the CATA axis for winning this campaign. Good job!

It is a well deserved victory, however one not easily taken.

PRT -- End of Campaign 6

Well gentlemen, here we are. After a long and bumpy road through Campaign 6, it has been decided by the team in liaison with commanders that this campaign has run its course. I know it's not a customary ending and many of you will be unhappy about this ending, but remember it's not the end of the Tournament. Battle 10 was the last official battle of this campaign.

We, the administrators, would like to take this time to apologize for all negative actions (or inactions) by the admin team in this campaign. I (GrayeKnight) was brought in with no knowledge of what kind of mini-hell Alex L dealt with on a daily basis. I tried along with my team to rise to the occasion, but somehow things still seemed to go wrong. We tried to get it all done. Unfortunately many of those things were negative, and we do accept all the blame for the actions, fair or unfair, that we have made this campaign.

The experimental trial of the battlemap this campaign worked in a way we both liked and disliked. It added a tactical realism to this tournament that we hope to expound upon in the coming campaign. Although the system had it’s drawbacks, those were notably pointed out by you, the members, and we hope to adapt. Many battles were filled with intense firefights and hopefully built camaraderie between team members. I know during my time I made many friends on PELA, BCST, and NATO 2. The competitive atmosphere carried through to the forums, heightening the desire to do battle. With the introduction of steady servers to the admin team we also hope to bring a more solid server base to the players.

As we speak, preparations are underway for Campaign 7, which we hope to be very fun and will incorporate many positive changes from the current layout. Put in place by Alex L, the Admin Project Forum will be open to Commanders and HCO's from all teams, as well as 5 grunts and 5 officers of the command staff's choosing. This will be used to facilitate discussions from players about the rules, format, and layout of C7 in order to better incorporate the needs of the PRT players. Commanders will have more opportunities to personalize their team’s identity and we hope that everyone will embrace that. While the tournament is in DEFCON 5, public as well as Admin Project Forums will be open. Team forums will be hidden to team members less than commanders while this is underway.

Signups for C7 will be in a tiered format.
  1. Supreme Commanders chosen from applications by admins. (Current/ex commanders)
  2. Commanders chosen by admins and supreme commanders. (Current/ex/new commanders)
  3. HCO/GSO staff chosen by commanders.
    1. Command staffs organize forums, set up important topics, liaise with admins.
  4. Platoon Leaders/Squad Leaders chosen by command staff.
    1. Squad leaders set up their squads, liaise with command staffs.
  5. Team members are processed either in signups or to existing teams (TBA - still under discussion)
Also for C7 the admin team will be expanded upon and tuned to meet a more structured format. Applications will be accepted in the break for the admin, T-CON, and T-PUB team. The T-PUB's will be necessary for C7 as the tourney times will be running in full force throughout the campaign. We are always looking for experienced Flash/Photoshop users to help with the forums and promotion material for the tournament.

Our hope for C7 is a fresh start, and we hope many if not ALL of you will use this time between campaigns to take a break, relax, enjoy your summer, and return to the PRT in time for a new campaign, looking for a fresh start as well. During the pause, the forums will be updated to the current version. Team forums will be organized to the commanders liking and all old posts will be archived for reference. I suggest you start to gather important posts now, lest you be digging through piles of archives later.

Regards,

[T-ADM]GrayeKnight
PR Tournament Lead Admin, Campaign 6.

[T-ADM]gmt2001
PR Tournament Admin, Campaign 6.

[T-ADM]hitperson

[T-ADM]Masaq

[T-ADM]MAINERROR

[T-ADM]Alex L
PR Tournament Retired Lead Admin, Campaign 6.

Old 2008-07-20, 11:13   #2
SuperTimo

Default Re: C6 is over! CATA is victorious!

woo epic battle at the end agaisnt cata 1, (shame about the lagz ) looking forward to C7.

Timo NATO 2 Pilot
Last edited by SuperTimo; 2008-07-20 at 15:22..
Old 2008-07-20, 11:25   #3
HunterMed
Supporting Member

Good Campaign and HAIL CATA!

I hope the break wont take long because I dont want to miss the awesome teamwork of the tournament.

Just an awesome experience! Thanks to my CATAII mates!

See you in C7

Hunter, GSO CATA II

Old 2008-07-20, 11:28   #4
Deadfast
Retired PR Developer

It was a good time!

Thanks to everyone involved.

I'm looking forward to C7, which will be hopefully even better .

Deadfast,
Tigers Platoon NCO,
CATA 2nd Army
Old 2008-07-20, 14:00   #5
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

It was indeed well fought, ty to all involved.

Old 2008-07-20, 14:09   #6
Scot
Supporting Member

Well fought to all, CATA 1 every time managed to thwart us after fools, but I feel we were(and still will be) getting better every day. Thanks again to everyone for a great tourney and see you in C7!!

Old 2008-07-20, 15:13   #7
Raic

I say we get the next one running fast Enjoyed playing with all of you, even with the small troubles, it was awesome campaign overall. Go CATA!

Raic NCO
CATA 2nd Army
Old 2008-07-20, 15:15   #8
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

gg.

Less problems in C7 please

Outlawz
CATA1, Crew commander

Old 2008-07-20, 18:54   #9
DeadSmile187
Supporting Member

To Bad i couldn't play with my Sqaud

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem!"
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em."
Old 2008-07-20, 19:37   #10
agentscar

Aw...I was rooting for NATO,lol.

GG to all though!

Tags
cata, victorious