project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2008-09-11, 13:39   #1
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default A quick request for help with stressing a server...

Dear all,

Many of you are aware of [T&T] Tactics & Teamwork's 64p server. We're best known for our friendly attitude towards players both new to PR and old veterans, strict admining to keep the fools out and dead-low pings for UK and European players.

Many of you may not know that originally, T&T started out as a 24/7 Insurgency server. In his infinite wisdom, Epoch noticed that there is a definite gap in the market for EU players for Insurgency, with the most popular INS 24/7 servers being located in the USA.

Tactics & Teamwork have therefore upgraded the server to see if running two PR servers from our dedicated box is feasible!

We've got the upgrade running until the 17th September just to see how stable and (hopefully) how lag-free the server is with two processes on it...

...which means we desperately need to get BOTH servers up to 64 players at the same time for a few hours to see how well it runs!

So, if you're one of the numerous players who's been giving us feedback:
"I love your server but I can never play on it", now's your chance to get a slot at the UK's #1 PR server

Joking aside, we could really do with the help. In about 3-4 hours we're going to start seeding the server, and if anyone is able to help stress test them please come along and have some quality games with us while we do it!

Servers with tactics in name, playing BattleField 2 | Server / Player Search | Game - Monitor . COM

Regards,

Mas.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Old 2008-09-11, 14:16   #2
hiberNative
Default Re: A quick request for help with stressing a server...

Quote:
In about 3-4 hours.
i'll try to join one of them @ 7pm :}
Old 2008-09-11, 15:10   #3
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Ta chap!

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Old 2008-09-11, 15:27   #4
Cyrax-Sektor

Does that mean I have to be actively playing, or can I idle? Might be busy myself, but the comp can still be on.
Old 2008-09-11, 16:51   #5
hiberNative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrax-Sektor View Post
Does that mean I have to be actively playing, or can I idle? Might be busy myself, but the comp can still be on.
i'm wondering that too. just started watching ufc 87 and 88.
Old 2008-09-11, 17:03   #6
Rico
Retired PR Developer

Idling is fine, but if/when the server reachers max players we will make room for players to actually play and keep the server going to the early hours (in which case, the other server may need players too)
Last edited by Rico; 2008-09-11 at 17:26..
Old 2008-09-11, 17:07   #7
Woolfson

I'll try to find the time to visit you as well sometime tonight...

Tags
quick, request, server, stressing