project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
28 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2008-11-16, 06:15   #1
pippop94
Default cant play online in bf2 after playing PR, error: bf2 has been modified

when i play pr and go back onto bf2 and i try to connect to a online server i get kicked and punkbuster says, u cannot play with a moddified version of bf2 but i was using bf2 and i have not modified, and this was after playing PR. after reinstalling bf2 it works but when i play PR and go bak to bf2 it happens again
Old 2008-11-16, 10:44   #2
Mora
Default Re: cant play online in bf2 after playing PR, error: bf2 has been modified

Close project reality as normal dont alt + f4 it. PR is using custom shaders that overwrite the vbf2 ones and are restored after you close PR.exe
Old 2008-11-16, 11:30   #3
bahlye
Default Re: cant play online in bf2 after playing PR, error: bf2 has been modified

What he said..

edit=another Aussie !!!..Come and see us on http://www.bigdgaming.net and where have you been playing PR Pippop ?.
Old 2008-11-17, 02:11   #4
pippop94

i dont think i closed it with alt+f4, i clicked the quit button or i could have swapped over to bf2 in pr i dunno ill try it
Old 2008-11-17, 06:59   #5
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Check your BF2 -mods- folder. Inside the "bf2" folder you should see shader files. I don't know the exact names, but there are shader files that are named "vanilla", "backup" or "renamed" or something. Rename them back to the original filenames and you should be good to go.

Tags
bf2, error, moddifed, modified, online, play, playing, punkbuster