project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2008-11-22, 23:28   #1
Copper.8

Default Save your Sprint for when you'll need it!

In PR, all soldiers have access to sprint. This allows you to move at a higher speed than jogging. It has it's disadvantages as you cannot shoot while sprinting, and the most important thing that all should know is that SPRINT ISN'T INFINITE!

Sure sprint lasts a bit longer in PR, but you need to conserve it for the proper situation.
While it may be a pain to walk over 200 metres to your objective, you may encounter opposition when you get to that objective. If you do, the first thing you'd probably want to do is avoid dying.
Sprint can help you get out of sticky situations and save you from death (not necessarily bleeding).
So when you're out on the battlefield, moving into hostile territory, make sure your sprint bar is full and resist temptation to push the SHIFT button! It could just save your life in combat.
Also, in areas which are open and have little or no cover, and when you are in enemy territory, should be high priority for using sprint, one thing you don't want is to be under fire in an open area.

Well that just about sums it up, hope you can avoid dying more and conserving your sprint for occasions when it is more needed.
Cheers!
Copper.8 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 01:41   #2
daranz

Default Re: Save your Sprint for when you'll need it!

I often wish I had a lasso to slow my squad leader down. In cohesive squads the SL sets the pace, and if he doesn't have sprint, nobody has sprint.

Also, I never jump unless it's totally, absolutely necessary. Instead of jumping to clear that little curb, I'd rather run around it. Most of the time that wastes less sprint.
daranz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 03:20   #3
Smegburt_funkledink

Yeah, I've probably said "save your sprint for when you need it!" more than anything else since 0.8

I never use more than 1/3 - 1/2 unless I really need to sprint to save my life.

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Smegburt_funkledink is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 07:20   #4
Warpig-
Supporting Member

What daranz said, it's all well and good to say "save it" but when you've got an SL who's telling you hurry the hell up because they sprinted it makes it hard

Cause we throw bombs on it, throw bombs on it. Just smash something, yeah mosh for me.
Warpig- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 14:24   #5
@bsurd

then ur SL is a bit silly and i myself would search a new Sq. I never run away my complete sprint only to die under fire 30 sec later, with no chance to get away...

And every good SL would agree with that!

The only thing i make it different is when SL says hurry up because we lose the flag otherwise or a sq needs or held asap.

But i see so much guys that run like hell, and then in hell they cant get away...
@bsurd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 08:08   #6
cyberzomby

yes. Also! I see people use sprint just to run next to the squadleader or some other squadmember! I dont know how many times Ive tried to talk them out of it!

1. Dont use your sprint for something like that
2. Dont walk next to someone or you will be blown up BOTH by one rpg.

I know you guys all know it but I just needed to get this out of my system :P
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 20:25   #7
1GeKKo3
Supporting Member

Good point. You should very rarely use sprint any where where an enemy can pop out from around a corner. Mainly in city streets. In open areas, sprint from one piece of cover, wait, and then run again, but each move hopefully won't be too far that you use it all up.
1GeKKo3 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
save, sprint