project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
28 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2008-12-26, 13:16   #1
cocobutter333

Default Any DEVs contacted by gaming companies due to PR work?

Ive been playing project reality from 0.7 and i'm just wondering what recognision the R-DEV's get[from gaming companies, etc]?

I cut out the often brought up, often locked question about PR working with EA. This can be for any DEVs who want to answer your first question related to being contacted due to work on PR statics, textures, maps, sounds, etc. by gaming companies.

-Okita
Last edited by OkitaMakoto; 2008-12-26 at 14:19..
Old 2008-12-26, 13:22   #2
=Romagnolo=

Default re: Any DEVs contacted by gaming companies due to PR work?

Please, change the topic's name, it gives us ideas totally diferents than you talk about here.

And it was already sugested before here, many and many times.
=Romagnolo= is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 13:31   #3
Pantera

yeah wasant there a thread where one guy made cover pics for PR..like box skins and CD skins etc...

anyway, as a professional SD i can tell ya no matter how good you are at games, it will be damn hard to get into the industry without a solid game and or game related qualification...and when u finally make it it envolves ALOT of freebie work to make ur name recognized and finally start getting paid...
Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 14:16   #4
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

PR becoming a sold game has been brought up countless times before. It would take a LOT for that to happen.

Now, if you want to ask if any DEVs have been contacted individually or as a group for various models, maps, effects, etc. I will leave it open for that, should any of them choose to comment.

I, personally, have never been contacted, but ive only done one map.
OkitaMakoto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 15:18   #5
Airsoft
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Any DEVs contacted by gaming companies due to PR work?

XL Gaming Studios XD
Airsoft is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 17:12   #6
Pantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airs0ft_S0ldier11 View Post
wow ive missed alot, one heck of a pwnage by blud
Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 18:56   #7
Drav
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

How it normally works is developers put lots of work into a mod for their portfolio, then use said portfolio to go and hassle games companies rather than the other way round.

However in a recent DICE survey it was found Rhino logged more bf2editor hours a week than their whole mapping department, so he replaced them for a while but was fired after he was secretly filmed imitating Mirrors Edge in the office and then blaming it on a burglary. It was very exciting but ssshhh no one knows....
Drav is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 21:26   #8
Sabre_tooth_tigger

The only time I heard of something like this is the makers of CS

It took the creation of the worlds most popular multiplayer game (at the time?) before a games company employed someone in this way and even then I think he left after a year

Still I think its good to have a portfolio, same in any business. Rhino has his own website with work on it, I wont link in case he doesnt want the bandwidth zapped

http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/
Sabre_tooth_tigger is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 09:04   #9
Pride
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Mescaldrav View Post
However in a recent DICE survey it was found Rhino logged more bf2editor hours a week than their whole mapping department, so he replaced them for a while but was fired after he was secretly filmed imitating Mirrors Edge in the office and then blaming it on a burglary. It was very exciting but ssshhh no one knows....
hahaha

eddie: the MoD aren't just going to start blurring their faces so they look 'well ard' are they?
Pride is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 09:24   #10
[EC]DR.NOobFragger

Didn't the makers of DC mod for 1942 helped make BF2 or something along those lines?
[EC]DR.NOobFragger is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
companies, contacted, devs, due, gaming, professional, projet, reality, stores, work