project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2009-02-20, 16:16   #1
-=NakedFrijoles=-
Default SKS Suggestion

Hey. I dont know if this has already been discussed. I own a Yugoslavian SKS and i think that maybe you could replace the one that you guys made with a Yugo one. I cant remember what the one is that you have, maybe Russian or Chinese, but IMO Yugo is 2nd on the list after a Russian sks. BUT the reason i would prefer a Yugo is because of the grenade launcher. The yugo has a grenade launcher sight and special muzzle attachment for rifle grenades. If you really wanted to get crazy, you could add the receiver mounted scope, but that would prolly be hard for insurgents to get a hold of. Just throwing some ideas out there. I just thought it would be a cool addition to have your awesome animators bring out. (Mount grenade, reload with blank, flip sight up..etc) And of course different grenade types. But thats just my 2 cents.
-=NakedFrijoles=- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 16:22   #2
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Default Re: SKS Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=NakedFrijoles=- View Post
Hey. I dont know if this has already been discussed. I own a Yugoslavian SKS and i think that maybe you could replace the one that you guys made with a Yugo one. I cant remember what the one is that you have, maybe Russian or Chinese, but IMO Yugo is 2nd on the list after a Russian sks. BUT the reason i would prefer a Yugo is because of the grenade launcher. The yugo has a grenade launcher sight and special muzzle attachment for rifle grenades. If you really wanted to get crazy, you could add the receiver mounted scope, but that would prolly be hard for insurgents to get a hold of. Just throwing some ideas out there. I just thought it would be a cool addition to have your awesome animators bring out. (Mount grenade, reload with blank, flip sight up..etc) And of course different grenade types. But thats just my 2 cents.
they had a spawn able grenade launcher for the INS squad leaders but it be came a spam fest and was replaced by a G3A3 iron site and i believe your right about the scope.

ATM the SkS has like no deviation and you can insta-prone and one shot a guy its good as is (:>

they could add the model for looks maybe.

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
R.J.Travis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 16:32   #3
-=NakedFrijoles=-

Yea your right i can see where it would be a nade spamming deal, but i mean, US gets the M203 and all that. Maybe if they made it into a special kit or limit to one or 2 max grenades. As far as one shotting i mean the SKS isnt any more powerful as an AK, same round, with just a bit longer range due to barrel length so i dont get that. Idk, i just thought it would be cool. At least i didnt say "Convert it into a TAPCO sks with detachable mag and various spec ops attachments" lol
-=NakedFrijoles=- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 17:59   #4
ReadMenace

The only scopes/mounts for SKS carbines that I'm aware of are/were produced for Western civilian markets..

-REad
Last edited by ReadMenace; 2009-02-20 at 18:12..
Old 2009-02-20, 21:04   #5
McBumLuv

It wouldn't become a spam fest if you limited the grenade round. Say only give one or two of them, with a very long reload time. Like in FH2, they've got only one class with it, but it takes nearly 10 seconds to reload, and you only have one, so it becomes much more purpose oriented.Why risk shooting it at that enemy out in the open when you might need it to hurt infantry stuck in a building, pinning you down?
McBumLuv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 21:06   #6
DeltaFart

i like the idea
DeltaFart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 21:07   #7
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuv View Post
It wouldn't become a spam fest if you limited the grenade round. Say only give one or two of them, with a very long reload time. Like in FH2, they've got only one class with it, but it takes nearly 10 seconds to reload, and you only have one, so it becomes much more purpose oriented.Why risk shooting it at that enemy out in the open when you might need it to hurt infantry stuck in a building, pinning you down?
you would just see people using them like rpgs atm standing on the cache reloading and mortaring

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
R.J.Travis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 21:42   #8
McBumLuv

Not even, because they'd be way more limited that doing so would be far from anywhere near effective. with a reload time of something like 10 seconds to get it off the cache, then another 10 second reload animation, then the 20 second to-and-from trip from the cache to the roof, it'll take you nearly a minute just to load one shot, Iif they're operating only on the caches roof. And then there's the fact that it's only a grenade, and not an RPG capable of destroying vehicles and such. Additional downsides of possibly revealing the caches location and staying immobile to one building makes me draw the following conclusion:

It would definitely not be a mortar equivalent.
McBumLuv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 21:49   #9
Colonelcool125

I agree with McLuv. The grenade launcher is one of my favorite weapons and I'd love to be able to use one as the INS.
Colonelcool125 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
sks, suggestion