project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2009-02-20, 18:10   #1
Neza
Default Punkbuster Update

Okay, pretty weird, but I can say I have tried everything.

Every time I join a new server, I get to be on the map for lets say... 30 seconds? Until suddenly it kicks me off and puts me into lobby, and I get an error message from Punkbuster saying I need to update to AC1392.

I have read the FAQ above about certain error messages other than the MD5, and lets just say I have tried BOTH options listed in the FAQ. I first tried to update manually, but the thing is, Punkbuster won't let me update cause their server is down!

It reads:

ERROR: The update attempt failed because the file "http://webfile2.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbgame.htm" is missing on the update servers. Please try again later.

So the above won't let me update my PB manually so...

I download pbsvc.exe from the FAQ. I un-installed, then re-installed, the PB saying its all fine and okay, then I go to PR, and guess what! AC1392 error pops up again!

First time playing PR, I bought BF2 just for PR. None-the-less I am astounded by the work put into this game, however I cannot wait to play. Help a fellow player, a newbie get his chance to play this game. Thank you!

(P.S there should be more West dedicated servers, all the servers on my list have like 200+ ping and to me that's just terrible, because out of a possible 90 servers, only 2 have players and that are in the good 100's. If you can point me to the right direction, that would be great!)
Old 2009-02-20, 18:37   #2
davies[eef]

Default Re: Punkbuster Update

Hi mate i had this trouble this week,Look in the vista part of forums i posted this to,what i done to get it to work i copied a file of my pc with a pen drive and put it into the laptop wich i was trying to get the pb update for,i was trying to intstall pb update for my sons laptop and like your self i tried everything but keept getting this error,so if you dont have another pc handy i not sure if this helps,but all u need to do is get some1s pb folder wich is updated and put it on to a pen drive maybe and delete your pb folder and just put the one of the pendrive init maybe some one plays pr near you doubt it mind,but it took my 3 days to find answers about this and no1 knew what to do so i tried that myself and it worked.
this is the only answer i have m8 soory,
Old 2009-02-20, 18:51   #3
Neza

I'm not running vista, I'm running Windows XP SP2.

<Sigh> I was really hoping to playing it today also!

Also unfortunately, I'm the only one I know atm who plays PR in my neighborhood.
(shows signs of rabid desperation)
Old 2009-03-26, 14:52   #4
|Hawx|-|Hawkeye|

Just Update Punkbuster Automatically!

1.) U have to download the PB-Updater

PunkBuster Online Countermeasures

2.)Then u need to extract it, somewhere it fits you.

3.)The just open the PB-Updater, press "add a game" add BF2 and let it do the Updates.

Thats what helped me
Old 2009-03-26, 17:12   #5
thepalerider

Arrow Re: Punkbuster Update

Before you go online to join a server
you should:

1. Download pbsvc
2. Start pbsvc installer, you should see options for install, uninstall, test.
3. Run the Uninstaller, then delete the PB folder to remove any leftover files.
4. Restart your computer.

5. reinstall punk buster files with pbsvc( if your using Vista DO NOT set compatibility to XP, run as admin ok)
6. After pcsvc installs, click the "test" option to check the punk buster install you just did.
5. Make sure it comes back "all green"
6.Download pbsetup(pbsvc DOES NOT install pbsetup.
If your using Vista DO NOT set compatibility to XP, run as admin ok)
7.Create a pbsvc installer shortcut AND pbsetup program shortcut on your desktop.
8.Run pbsetup (from the shortcut on your desktop) add BF2 to the games list, then hit update."

(pbsvc installs the punk buster 'engines' or applications.
PBsetup installs the files/gas the 'engines run)

UPDATE YOUR FIREWALL

Make sure your firewall has permission for:

BF2.EXE
PBSETUP.EXE
(search for your location)

PNKBSTRA.EXE
path:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSWOW64\PNKBSTRA.EXE
or (not 100% sure but for 32 bit O/S I think it's)C:\WINDOWS\SYSWOW32\PNKBSTRA.EXE
PnkBstrB.exe
path:
"C:\Users\"your user name here"\AppData\Roaming\PnkBstrB.exe"

Good luck
Welcome to PR
"Project reality, it's all about the teamwork."

Tags
punkbuster, update