project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2009-03-29, 10:39   #1
Draakon
Default Others in VOIP dont hear me well

The problem is, people in Teamspeak, Ventrilo etc. can hear me very well. But when going to play PR, they hear me very low. In settings, its on maximum and Boost Mic also ticked. Whats the problem? :S
Old 2009-03-29, 12:16   #2
irvinekinny
Default Re: Others in VOIP dont hear me well

We found out recently that up-to-date version of teamspeak causes problems with ingame VOIP 3 times out of 5 runs. The probable solution is to launch TS _after_ you load into a map.
Anyway, I bet this is all because of issues with different apps methods of accessing the sound device, so if you can it's optimal to assign different devices (e.g. built-in and PCI cards) to game and external VOIP.
Old 2009-03-29, 13:02   #3
nick20404

You can also check your windows sound settings under your record settings there will be a master volume make sure that is turned up.
Old 2009-03-30, 05:21   #4
Draakon

It is. But i don't have currently TeamSpeak installed.
Old 2009-03-31, 21:54   #5
SnipingCoward

sometimes clicking the bf2 checkbox for the boost doesnt work, activate it in windows too

How to enable microphone boost in Windows XP - College of Agriculture & Natural Resources
Old 2009-04-01, 20:14   #6
Ca6e

Sorry, but I have problem with mic too, in Desktop mode sound, settings, boost,.. are OK, but when I play it, the mic sometimes is too loud or too quiet, with out of any changes of settings between.
And one more thing, maybe I install it wrong, but I can not change the settings of mic and VOIP in pr mode, I can only change it in BF2 vanilla mode, and than is also changed in PR mode.

Forgive me for spelling n thx in advance!
Salute
Last edited by Ca6e; 2009-04-01 at 20:19.. Reason: Finger happy
Old 2009-04-01, 22:11   #7
nick20404

Make sure your recording control looks something like this, if you have stuff like stereo unmuted it will pickup the sound coming threw your speakers and send it threw the voip probably making you sound low.

Make sure the ingame mic volume transmit is all the way to 100% and boost is on.

Also make sure you are trying to change the settings when you are not in a server because if you are connected to a server you will not be able to edit your settings. I don't see why you would not be able to change the settings or do you mean they always go back to default?
Attached Thumbnails
untitled.JPG  
Old 2009-04-01, 23:02   #8
SnipingCoward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca6e View Post
Sorry, but I have problem with mic too, in Desktop mode sound, settings, boost,.. are OK, but when I play it, the mic sometimes is too loud or too quiet, with out of any changes of settings between.
there are background programs which like to fiddle with the sound - they try to "automatically adjust" your input volume - which is exactly what you don't want
"NetMeeting" and "Skype" are candidates that i know about that have that "feature"
try turning that feature off (usually a check box)

Quote:
And one more thing, maybe I install it wrong, but I can not change the settings of mic and VOIP in pr mode, I can only change it in BF2 vanilla mode, and than is also changed in PR mode.
you are using the same profile for vanilla and PR! if you do not want that to happen make a copy of that profile, or create a new "BF2 account"

settings are being stored locally in the profile found under "My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles" the folder with numbers names are your profiles (shown in the login screen)

Tags
hear, voip