Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2009-04-04, 20:42   #1
[R-DEV]​Tim270
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Connection issues

I thought I had been cursed with every bf2 issues so far but this one has me stumped. Any server I attempt to join with 45 players (give or take a few) I get connection to the server lost every time when I finish loading. However, If I am in the server when it fills up, there is no problem and I can play 64/64 fine, it is only when I have been disconnected i.e kicked, had to go, that I cannot rejoin the server.

- Have attempted killing the PB B task before reconnecting - nothing
- restarted router a few times after disconnect, nothing.
- Reinstalled bf2/PR
- Reinstalled PB/Updated.

I really cant understand how to fix this...

There are 3 pc's (including mine) using the internet, have tested when none of the others are using the internet and it still does this. In no other game does this happen. Using wired connection not wireless.
Old 2009-04-05, 00:54   #2
nick20404
Default Re: Connection issues

Lower your graphics settings to medium/low, I know when I try to connect to servers with max graphics it tends to lag out right when I connect trying to load up the shaders etc and sometimes It will just disconnect me from the server completely, try it out, also once its done connecting don't immediately press the squad assignment button wait a few minutes than join in.

Respond and see if this helps you out any.
Old 2009-04-05, 14:15   #3
thepalerider

Arrow Re: Connection issues

This may help, run the test below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepalerider View Post
The most common cause of 'Connection to server has been lost' seems to be caused by punk buster and firewall issues.
Remember it is recommended that you restart your system after you install/uninstall programs to ensure all installed components, files and registry entries are correctly installed or removed.
So it is key you restart after using pbsvc uninstall.

Some routers with 'packet inspection' turned on can also trigger a disconnect when game data or voip traffic triggers a false "ping flood"attack and the router shuts down needed ports to protect your network.
So try turning packet inspection off to see if that helps.
If you have a busy network you can also get dropped if your packets are consistently getting delayed due to high traffic.( your ping jumps way up from time to time)
If your running Xp you can tune up your internet connection with TCP Optimizer to maximize throughput.
check out speed guides web site
click here to use their TCP/IP Analyzer
results will show if you can improve throughput.

Having a router like D-links gamers lounge, that can prioritize traffic( they call it GameFuel), can make a night and day difference.
This GameFuel improves your online gaming experience by ensuring that your game traffic is prioritized over other network traffic, such as FTP or Web. This is of course much more helpful on networks with more than one user, but if you like to download bit torrent or other large files in the background while gaming you'll be glad you have one that can prioritize or 'shape' traffic.

good luck
P.S. These newer routers can also prioritize users as well
Old 2009-04-05, 15:20   #4
[R-DEV]​Tim270
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick20404 View Post
Lower your graphics settings to medium/low, I know when I try to connect to servers with max graphics it tends to lag out right when I connect trying to load up the shaders etc and sometimes It will just disconnect me from the server completely, try it out, also once its done connecting don't immediately press the squad assignment button wait a few minutes than join in.

Respond and see if this helps you out any.
Changed to all med, still happens.

Ill try messing around with my router some more i guess.
Old 2009-04-05, 18:33   #5
SocketMan

Plug it in directly,without any routers - if it works there is a problem with your
router (settings).
If it does not,then it's something else.
Old 2009-04-06, 13:48   #6
thepalerider

Arrow Re: Connection issues

Make sure these ports are open on your router (my router 'D-link Gamers lounge' auto opens these ports for BF2)

TCP

UDP
1500 - 4999,

Not sure what ports (TCP/UDP)
port for PnkBstrA = 44301
port for PnkBstrB = 45301
should be, so opened for both

Tags
connection, issues