Default Yup, another CTD thread...

Guys,

First of all, let me start with my specs:

Dell XPS 1530 Laptop
Intel Dual Core @ 2GHz T7250
4 Gigs of RAM
GeForce 8600M GT w/ 256 MB
Running Microsoft Vista SP 1
(Please let me know if you'd need more specs)

Then, let me say that I've tried pretty much everything on the forums...playing windowed (no error message)...re-installing everything (in the right order)...playing as administrator...using lower resolution...lower details...BF.exe fix...BF.exe CD images...but I still get a CTD pretty much randomly. Now, the weird thing...it NEVER struck before...I've had this problem ONLY in the last week.

Now...from my miserable hardware understanding, I can think of two possible scenarios: 1) Overheating...since it's a laptop CPU can get to 85-90C and GPU up there too...BUT, from what I understand...these chips are designed to work at this temp...
2) I read somewhere in this forum that PR has some issues with Dual Core processors...could I run the program as single core? (maybe using the laptop in "low performance")

Anyway...I'd love to hear any ideas and would appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot...

Matt
Old 2009-04-08, 17:57   #2
bkandor
Supporting Member

Default Re: Yup, another CTD thread...

I also have suffered near constand ctd's in the last 6 days. I'm guessing your using the downloaded version of bf2? If so, I tried this today and it has so far fixed it for me 100% (so far - 1 hour test on a server with no crashes)

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27...op-issues.html
Old 2009-04-08, 18:16   #3
thepalerider

Arrow Re: Yup, another CTD thread...

If it's a heat issue, you could turn off page file. Get a 2gig flash drive instead for ready boost.( saw one on newegg for $5 bucks!)
It is my understanding you can set the affinity using your desktop shortcut by adding:
AFFINITY 2
Here is what mine looks like:
"E:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" start /AFFINITY 2 +modPath mods/pr +menu 1 +widescreen 0 +szx 1600 +szy 1200 +restart

Backup yours to a text file before you mess with it.
Don't know why that would screw up now tho. How long have you played PR (on your current rig) with out trouble?
PS the restart at the end bypasses the video intro
getting you to the servers faster.

Good luck

Tags
ctd, thread, yup