project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-04-28, 08:59   #1
Spartan0189
Default Grenade Launchers

Well, Before I get started, I wasn't sure where to put this, So if its wrong, please move it to the appropriate section.

So, I recently started to use the Grenadier kit, I think its awesome, But I usually can't get the first grenade launch to be perfect, I fire one, then I adjust..

Is there any "method" for firing a grenade launcher?

I've found that each Faction Grenadier has a different way to aim, But I'm the best with the M16/M4 Grenade launchers, So, What are some tips for a newbie in Grenade launching?

Thanks in advance,
Spartan
Spartan0189 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 09:02   #2
ChiefRyza
Default Re: Grenade Launchers

If im not mistaken, the divided boxes as the aimpoint represents 100m each box, starting from the top. Aiming the bottom of each of those boxes, lets say for example a guy is 200 meters away, you would place your target at the bottom of the second box from the top. Line him up for about 6 seconds, and fire.

It is either 100m or 50m each box, correct me if I'm wrong almighty DEV's!
ChiefRyza is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 09:03   #3
LithiumFox

ninja'd
LithiumFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 09:05   #4
Nitneuc
Supporting Member

Actually it depends of the monitor ratio.
I play on 22" wide (16/10) and yes : it's pretty much 100m for the mark 1 (probably slightly less), 200m for the mark 2.
Better to have a markers-addicted SL to play grenadier, it makes the job way easier.

Many thanks to everyone involved in the making of the best videogaming experience ever !
Nitneuc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 09:07   #5
daranz

Make sure to let it settle. If you have a marker for distance, use that. Otherwise, you have to guesstimate it, and the way to get good at that is to practice.
daranz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 09:08   #6
[R-DEV]​Tim270
PR:BF2 Developer

Also, once you have loaded the grenade, stay still for a few secs to let your deviation settle.
Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 09:29   #7
smee
Supporting Member

make sure you crouch will help a lot with your deviation too

3 x 22" samsung 226bw. Matrox triplehead Quad Pro Q6600 "LGA775 Kentsfield" 2.40GHz (1066FSB) OC 3.2 , 8gb's of 1066mhz ram. 9800GTX OCX. 520mb. 3 x 320gbs samsungs. raid 0

smee is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 10:04   #8
nick20404

The grenade launchers pretty much fire like the rifles, you have to wait like 3-4 seconds after you stop moving to get a straight shot.
nick20404 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 10:13   #9
Chuc
Retired PR Developer

Sometimes its helpful to drop a smoke round to gauge the shot, then fire.

Personal Folio - http://www.studioash.net
Chuc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 11:06   #10
JKRMAUI

Yes smoke rounds are good, the best thing is having an attack mark so you know exactly how far your target is.

Just practice practice, and if you get good enough. You make things like this happen B2 bombing in Afghanistan - Sonicbomb.com

PS might not want to open that link with volume at max, slight vulgarity. PSS Brits response to American air power priceless.

*Results of your use of the Grenadier kit may vary*

**Grenadier kit is GOODTOGO**
JKRMAUI is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
grenade, launchers