project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2009-09-13, 16:52   #1
Redamare
Supporting Member

Smile [[New Faction Proposal] ] Singapore Armed Forces SAF

Alright so i didnt find any where to suggest more community factions under the catagory soo im going to post here instead

Okay i was just searching through differnt idead online and i came across a problem. there isnt any representation for (Indonesia singipore oceana region) except for Australia i am not real sure about that regions military affairs but it looks like it could be an interesting addition to PR for later versions past 1.0 or later.

Wikipedia
Sar 21
SAR 21 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Perhaps singapore could be the alternate faction on australias island chain map.

Ultmax 100
Ultimax 100 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

singapore armed froces
Singapore Armed Forces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leopard 2A4 Main Battle tank ( SAF )

JUST SOME IDEAS ( perhaps there are some guys from around that General area who play PR that would be up to the challenge of creating the community mod section for singapore armed forces.)

Comment ideas

ALSO! please if you have knowlege of singapore affairs please post a little lesson for us
Last edited by Redamare; 2009-09-13 at 17:53..
Old 2009-09-13, 16:57   #2
Redamare
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Community Faction] Sinapore Armed Forces SAF

haha sorry for the 2X post my comp is being slow today :P accidently pressed post twice
Redamare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 17:16   #3
TheLean
Supporting Member

Im sorry, I didnt quite follow your train of thoughts. Do you want PR to portray a conflict between Indonesia and Singapore? I guess any indonesians that play PR would be more happy to create an Indonesian faction rather than a Singaporean.

On second thought, did you mix up the region south east asia and oceania, with the country Indonesia maybe?
TheLean is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 17:46   #4
Redamare
Supporting Member

that could be it ill fix the thread aha
Old 2009-09-13, 17:54   #5
Z-trooper
Retired PR Developer

Belongs in the community modding section will move it for you

"Without geometry, life is pointless"
Z-trooper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 17:57   #6
Redamare
Supporting Member

yay thank you
Old 2009-09-14, 04:29   #7
HangMan_

What position are you going to take in developing? Mapping? Modeling? Skinning? Coding? etc. Also note that the ADF faction have made indonesian insurgent sub faction...
HangMan_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 06:15   #8
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxX_HangMan_XxX View Post
What position are you going to take in developing? Mapping? Modeling? Skinning? Coding? etc. Also note that the ADF faction have made indonesian insurgent sub faction...
Exactly..

I'm not sure if you (Redamare) realize how much work and time one has to spend on a new faction. We have a lot of community factions in the making and each one of them knows what a pain in the ass it is (so to say ).
Suggesting a new faction is easy and I'm not too sure what your position in all this would be....? If you don't know and/or have no skills, I'm pretty sure this idea will be dead soon. Sorry to put it that way, but it's realistic.

However, if you do have the skills (and a team to work with you), hooking up with ADF may not be a bad idea, if -as hangman says- they already have a sort of subfaction which represents Indonesia.

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 10:50   #9
HangMan_

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
However, if you do have the skills (and a team to work with you), hooking up with ADF may not be a bad idea, if -as hangman says- they already have a sort of subfaction which represents Indonesia.

The indonesian insurgents have deffinately been done by the ADF faction. Have a look through their forums to see. Maybe this is the type of faction you wanted to create?? If so then its simply a matter of waiting for the ADF to release!

Starting off a faction even when u are willing to put in lots of work is incredibly difficult. The amount of effort it took me to assemble a small team to start working on the NZDF faction was insane. Not to be negative but people met me with closed doors most of the time and its a real struggle.. We are still struggling with team members so that we can get some decent content made. The ADF faction (only one i knw about) has been going for two years now and they are only just getting some of their stuff done now (this is in no way a critisicm of the ADF faction, your doing a great job guys).

Start PMing people that might be able to help and see where it leads you.

PS: it helps a lot if u are going to contribute to the faction aswell

HangMan
HangMan_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 00:06   #10
Redamare
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Community Faction] Singapore Armed Forces SAF

^_^ kay sorry ahaha yea that sounds interesting indonesian insurgents :P thank you

Tags
armed, community, faction, forces, proposal, saf, sinapore, singapore