project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
06 Jul 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2009-09-30, 14:12   #1
-.-Maverick-.-
Default Why is CnC such a rare gamemode

Hey guys PR is great I like both the AAS and the insurgency maps. I never tried playin a CnC mode cus obviuosly no server is running it. Mind telling me why?
-.-Maverick-.- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 14:15   #2
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Why is CnC such a rare gamemode

its a WIP that doesn't work well in pub play atm.

The reasons are as follows

- Since FBs can be built anywhere like in AAS, they are built often in rediculous places or as glitched as possible.

- The lack of objectives that attract each team in to constant contension results in a slow game, which is fine, but it means there are so many tickets that you always go to the clock instead of running out of tickets.

- Knowing when you have enough FBs and theirs are destroyed isnt very good yet, thus the teams don't know when the main's can be brought in to play

Its got some potential, but I only like CnC on Qinling and Kashan atm since the choppers ensure FBs can be found with some speed.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 17:09   #3
gazzthompson

i REALLY doubt any server with public players could play it with any success, i would bet 80% of the server would be like... "why are there no flags?"

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 17:11   #4
Gore
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

^^

I really like CnC. It's so random. And it's the only gamemode where FB defences are actually used for their intended purpose.

Last edited by Gore; 2009-09-30 at 17:17..
Old 2009-09-30, 19:30   #5
-.-Maverick-.-

Yeah I hate when guys build a FB on lets say Al Basrah, and all thoose crazy fortifications just to get points and then they just leave it there undefended.
-.-Maverick-.- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 19:40   #6
Silly_Savage

As previously mentioned, CnC hasn't been fully developed.

I would say the reason most servers don't run it, besides it being a WIP, is because it really kills off the server's population. Not because it's a bad gamemode, but because most pubbies don't know how to play it.

Without flags or a clear set objective, most people just dick around in their main base wondering what the hell to do. It's quite funny actually; people think the server's bugged because they don't see any flags.

The whole FOB situation can also be quite cumbersome. You really need to have a team whom don't have their heads up their asses and know how to get shit done. Even then, with such a large amount of tickets and lack of proper intelligence, the games can really drag on for ages.

It's not a gamemode for the impatient.

I'm sure in due time, the whole gamemode will either get an overhaul or be scrapped for something new.
Silly_Savage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 19:48   #7
Cptkanito

The whole CnC mode works better when there is a certain amount of organisation when it comes to setting up battles.
Cptkanito is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 20:37   #8
jbgeezer

CnC ftw! I love it, though I have not played it since 0.7 :/ really sad..
jbgeezer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 21:26   #9
BloodAce

There are no clear objectives for teams and since maps are quite big it all end up on running from one side of map to another.
Not a very attractive
BloodAce is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 22:06   #10
Colonelcool125

Because, unless one team sucks or one team is really good, it usually takes forever.
Colonelcool125 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
cnc, gamemode, rare