project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2006-06-05, 13:32   #1
Army Musician

Default Reduced Accuracy if the Ak's

When I was on work-ex with band of the Army Air Corps, we spent 2 days in field and we had an ex-sas training us and he says that the AK's don't have a single shot capability like the M16A2 and the L85A2 and what happens is, once fire it just goes straight up in the air. Like so:

Last edited by Army Musician; 2006-06-05 at 13:42..
Old 2006-06-05, 13:36   #2
solodude23

You are going to have to upload the image using something like http://imageshack.us You can't just list the directory from which you want the image to show on a web page. (Unless your uploading it, that is)
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 14:33   #3
Tinkerbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Musician
When I was on work-ex with band of the Army Air Corps, we spent 2 days in field and we had an ex-sas training us and he says that the AK's don't have a single shot capability like the M16A2 and the L85A2 and what happens is, once fire it just goes straight up in the air. Like so:

AK's have single shot capability, hell, EVERY AK does. most assualt rifles do. the only guns i know dont are the HMGs, like the browning .50 cal, the PKM, he M249 doesnt, but the RPK does.
Tinkerbell is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 15:02   #4
Army Musician

What I have said about the AK's was said to me by an a soldier from the SAS
Army Musician is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 15:05   #5
Gaz
Banned
Supporting Member

I think most Kalashnikov varients are auto/semi (single shot) settings. The newer copies have 3 round bursts I believe.

Oh, and you're HIRED as our new imaging consultant
Gaz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 15:07   #6
the.ultimate.maverick
Banned

AKs do have single shot, its the bottom choice on fire selector.

The idea of people firing into the air is more when they use burst of full auto and the users are untrained in usage. People that train foreign forces often see that the 'hard b***tards' fire on full auto and end up spraying the sky yes. But a trained user can use an AK on burst without too many problems at all - if they couldn't why would they be in such wide spread usage.
the.ultimate.maverick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 15:34   #7
SiN|ScarFace

Nice to see people believe everything they are told even when its against common sense.
SiN|ScarFace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 15:39   #8
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

ye the reason why AK's where made was cos the russians got pissed off with the germans automatic weapons in WW2 when they only really had balt rifles. So they made the AK-47. When designing the AK they made it so that it was as accruate as a bault rifle, But at the same time had the automatic function. So in singal shot mode it was very accruate and could take somone out, when in full auto mode it was really only for close combat and covering fire ect.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 16:08   #9
[k]MuffinMaster

Kalashnikov took into accout that most fighting occured in a distance up to 300m..
so he didn't see much sense in making the AK-47 more acurate above this distance.
[k]MuffinMaster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 16:49   #10
Army Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Gaz

Oh, and you're HIRED as our new imaging consultant
What do you mean new image consultant, Thats just a quick sketch in paint thats all
Army Musician is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
accuracy, reduced