project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support
28 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-10-27, 20:39   #1
eggman6
Default Anyone fly with a CH stick? What settings work best?

I read through the many threads about issues flying helicopters with joysticks and what not.

Finally managed to actually fly after messing with the yaw/pitch factor and sensitivity in the game control options.

Anyway i wondered what people (who use joysticks) have found to be the optimal sensitivity pitch and yaw settings, i know this might vary a bit for different joysticks, but due to the delay when pressing esc and the fact that the game doesn't pause, a simple bit of trial and error becomes very long winded.

Even though i can kind of fly about, land and hover, there's a fair bit of seesawing with the stick involved and i have to make hundreds of quick adjustments to keep it steady.

So i'm just assuming i need to balance these settings.

I know this game doesn't have 100% realism (and probably never will) regarding flight models, but last time i was in a helicopter i dont recall the pilot having to do this sort of thing (although i do have a bad memory). So currently it does seem unnecessarily difficult.
eggman6 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fly, settings, stick, work