project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 2009-10-29, 00:42   #1
Grauers
Default [AAR] Massive, well planned Insurgent IED/mine field in fallujah.

4 Squad members
All babysitting atleast 5 IED's per squad member on the southern road in Fallujah west, all sitting in the eastern tower of the great dark "garrison" gate thing in the end of the road.

We all had put IED's behind every stick, trashback, rock and grass/bush and on the sides on the road.. All the mines was in the middle of the roads visual, but not hard to avoid, accept for the rest about 10 meters behind the vicual ones, about 40 meters from the cache (it is in the western tower of the garrison where we have granade traps all set).

As i said
We where 4 squad members who had spawned sappers, i my self had the luck to have 7 artillary IED's planted on some pretty sneeky locations around the fields, like the sides and most of my mines was hidden behind the visual field that was gonna be used to "trick" them.. Simple, but it works, mostly.

After sitting a while just talking random shit with the squad, a little arguing of some locations of mines and IED's but they where all pretty decent anyway, we might have had one or two ied's sticking out at some wierd places but it was not that bad, and all turned out fine anyways.

As we sat there and just kept quiet and scanned the area slowly from rooftops to the west to the road and the compound just to the east with the "desert" beyond where they could come from.. But our bet was on the main road. And we got lucky, suddenly some one says ENGINE(s).. I didn't know where from, and no one said any cordinates, we all just kept still and quiet, and he was right, you could hear heavy machinery moving down the road, probably straight towards our weapon cache. We took defencive positons and all kept a careful eye on the IED's praying to Allah him self that no one would see the four of us as we all sat there shit scared / exited just waiting for a visual..

Suddenly
Some one says, humV, followed by some one else saying TRUCK and, we also had an APC moving in, as a convoy the three veichles moved, as we had hoped, straight down the road straight towards us, only thing between our thumbs on our cellphones and their extreme firepower was the minefield that hopefully would catch their attention more than the garrison would. We hid as well as we all could and luckily none of us was spotted, the convoy stopped for a while and had a look around, infantry moved up and down the road checking the compound and some houses to the west and east. They where soon back in their veichles because they did not have any intel in the area at the moment.

As they started to move we saw our moment, they started to move around the first minefield as we had planned, and the first explotion was a big one, as the truck whent first of some reason, he when't straight to the left of the mines and BOOM!!, one of the other squad members set off his IED's, it was a satisfying experience to see the truck go up in smoke.
After the first explotion everything happened very fast, the others probably thoght it was just some lonely insurgent sitting and camping on his own IED's and on his way out of there.

They seemed to want to regroup as fast as possible so they both just stomped the gas, first the apc and the HUMV right behind it on the other side of the road, BOOOOOOM!!!
I set of all of my 7 artillary IED's and left the apc a smoking whreck and the humV even more terrified who now stomped it even harded and whent straight into the stealth-minefield and blew up in smoke, i was lucky enough to be the owner of the first mine he hit out of two, witch was the one that got the kills for the three Squad members inside as well, right after that mine exploded, BOOOM! squad member number 3 set off his IED's, i think it was about 6 because the explotion was ateleast as powerful as the first one.
I don't know why, if he wanted to make sure there was no survivours or what but it was pretty obvious that they where all dead to me.. He blew it anyway and when the smoke cleared we could only see the whrecks and two dead bodies right next to the humV that was the veicle that came the closest to the garrison of the three.

After talk and the rest of the round
The fact that eather the APC gunner of the guy on the 50cal did not see any of us as our heads was sticking up right infront of them, about 10 meters up in the garrison, that i think is an odd combination of luck and good planning.

We had taken out an entire convoy we yelled and where ultra super happy and we all loved it and the adrenalin rush was just starting to fade as we stated to settle and just had a great time about the rest of the game, witch was mostly just talking and defending the garrison for another 20 minutes as well as we could with the one IED charge we had left with squadmember number 4 who later blew up one more of those humV's as they had parked it right on it while we where not watching, BOOOM, the 50cal gunner was still there and we could see his lifeless body flying over our heads to the other side of the garrison landing next to the road in a bush..

When we where finaly over run the US team got their first weapons crate about 50 minutes into the game
Insurgents endedup winning the entire round with 80 tickets left and very small deathcount, most APC's failed misserably, most hit a mine or ended up victims to RPG's. They never got any high killcounts in the american team in this game witch was rather satisfying as well!

Great defending, great teamwork and commuiaction and really great explotions.
A rather explocive and satisfying experience of some brutal insurgent warfare.
An awesome day on the Battlefield of Fallujah West!
Grauers is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 00:54   #2
Peeta
Supporting Member

Default Re: Massive, well planned Insurgent IED/mine field in fallujah.

What server was this? I recognize your name.....

Panem Today,
Panem Tomorrow,
Panem Forever.
Peeta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 01:13   #3
Grauers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
What server was this? I recognize your name.....
Well to be honest i do not remember since this while IED situation... Yea, it was about one mounth ago that this happend. But i almost only play UK warfare and Chicago insurgency while fallujah is on, when ever there is an active fallujah i am usualy there atleast once or twise a-week

My ingame name is M.Grauers, i on an random server only earlier today though, i think i saw some admin or somebody called "fighter" and smth else, i was acting strange and explained that i was a bit high on from smoked substances about an hour ago.. It was just after glow really but i had a hard time navigating.. By now i am completly sober again.

Then the guy i was talking to said that he hated his life and typed !k on himself.. I found it a bit funny and mentioned it in the all chat.. I think some one replyed but i was not really paying attention i think.. Shortly after i disconnected. Also artillary IED'ed one lonely american twise earlier today on another quite emptly fallujah game.. Maybe two hours ago.. I don't really know but that guy might have been named "Fighter" idk.. That is what i've done today anyways and i do remember the name fighter+something from somewhere..
Old 2009-10-29, 01:15   #4
Hitman.2.5

Intriguing, how long did that take to set up?
Hitman.2.5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 02:09   #5
Grauers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman.2.5 View Post
Intriguing, how long did that take to set up?
Yes! I forgot to mention that, but as the garrison was only about 50 meters away from the compound we decided to put the first minefield right infront of the compound to make them suspekt the compound and be morelikely to look in that direction instead of ours, every one had one mine and one IED every time we ran out from the cache and some of us was faster than others, but as i said we all had atleast 5 IDE's and mines out..

The whole setup took about 15 minutes i would say, i didn't time it but it pretty much just felt that long, we probably only had to wait for another 5 minutes witch felt like hours with all those IDE's just begging to be set off just for the show!

20 minutes over all from the first charge untill the first explotion.
The key for a quick set up was, of course, the short range between the target area and the cache.
Old 2009-10-29, 08:52   #6
Scared_420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grauers View Post
[B]

Great defending, great teamwork and commuiaction and really great explotions.
A rather explocive and satisfying experience of some brutal insurgent warfare.
An awesome day on the Battlefield of Fallujah West!
the way it was meant to be played,,,, patience certainly pays off as insurgent (even if ya dont win) but the adrenaline rush is amazing from a video game in an office chair,,,, grab a beer and cool off hahah
Scared_420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 09:19   #7
Taliban-IED
Banned

Fraps it.
Taliban-IED is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 20:33   #8
Grauers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliban-IED View Post
Fraps it.
Oh.. I don't know really how to respond to this, am i offended or adviced? :P

Look.. I did my best job in explaining this whole thing, i enjoyed it A LOT and i wanted to share my experience..

About fraps.. I wish i had it, but i don't wanna pay for it and i've not found any good free recording software that gets both the vid and sound to a decent quality.. Mostly just haf-shitty 30 day trial that leaves you hanging with a silent video, 20 second recording limits, wierd options that takes ages to figure out, and the list goes on.

It was the same with most versions so i gave up after about 5 hours of searching, installing, testing and uninstalling about two months ago..

It's a hell of a job to get into the options and map all the hotkeys and shit too, imagine doing that about 10 times for 10 diffenrent programs with different menues and funktions and shit..

My patience ended and that is why i do not have this on video today.. Shame but true.
If you have any advice then PLEASE, give me, i would like to avoid paying because i don't think it is worth it.
I still had my experience and i enjoyed every second of it
Old 2009-10-29, 21:51   #9
snooggums

Excellent story, I've done solo IED fields but haven't been able to coordinate multiple people without someone setting off the whole group or TKing people placing.

As for free video recording programs I've had good experiences with xfire, no trial and screenshots put less load than the default BF2 one.
snooggums is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 19:14   #10
Grauers

Quote:
Originally Posted by snooggums View Post
Excellent story, I've done solo IED fields but haven't been able to coordinate multiple people without someone setting off the whole group or TKing people placing.

As for free video recording programs I've had good experiences with xfire, no trial and screenshots put less load than the default BF2 one.
Im glad you liked it!

Thanks for the tip with Xfire, i've tried it too but i thought it was a bit complicated but i guess ill give it another try some time, hopefully ill have a video of something similar to this in the future.

But honestly, i have to say that i was very lucky to have such teamplayers in my squad, they all kept quiet and only talked to confirm my orders or ask if they missunderstood anything i said over my cheap-ass mic..
Very nice, i don't have any of their names but i will never forget what we did together

It was hella fun ^^

Tags
aar, fallujah, field, ied or mine, insurgent, massive, planned