project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-11-09, 00:42   #1
Michael Z Freeman

Default Operation Barracuda - AI not aware of capture order ?

I am playing Operation Barracuda and the AI do not take objectives in the correct order and sit at uncapturable objectives.

There is also a fully loaded launch that sits near the aircraft carrier and goes nowhere.

I am using latest version 0.87 with BF1.5 patch.
Old 2009-11-09, 12:10   #2
ballard_44
Retired PR Developer
Default Re: Operation Barracuda - AI not aware of capture order ?

It happens, you (personally with some bot mates) just have to capture whatever the map is actually saying is takable.
Look at the markers on the map and it will let you know.

This is one of the bad things about the AAS system and bots.
The commander is always telling them to move forward as he doesn't understand there might be an 'order' of things.

That boat sometimes gets stuck, unfortunately.
Nothing really can be done about it that hasn't been attempted about 200 times.

Old 2009-11-09, 12:35   #3
Michael Z Freeman

Ah. Right. I've not played PR for a while. I seem to remember that the commander worked better in 0.85 but I could have forgotten what was really going on.

So, fine. The capping behaviour is normal. The only glitch on this map then is the launch getting stuck. It would maybe not be a problem but without that ferry going back and forth the USA side has a drastically reduced chance of capturing the coastal control points.

While I'm here, thanks for all your work on PRSP ... amazing !
Old 2009-11-09, 12:39   #4
John-117

i get pissed when the bots dont take the objective. i run back to the hq. become commander and order them to take there. the thing is i play a sqaud leader all the time. i can order the bots to go somewhere can they will go to the opposite location. it is normally where fightings is. is it just me?
Old 2009-11-09, 12:56   #5
ballard_44
Retired PR Developer

I find if I'm SL my bot mates do a great job as long as I put them in a position to succeed.

I usually don't use the 'move to' marker, however.
The 'attack here' one seems to get their attention better.

The 'follow me' command can work great, too, as it seems to 'shepard' all your bots into a group if they are around.

Old 2009-11-09, 16:05   #6
Michael Z Freeman

I think what happened is that I forgot to do that and my squad got stuck at the South Western CP. I used move, follow and attack but they had decided to have a picnic or play scrabble, or I don't know what it was. They would not move from that CP !
Old 2009-11-09, 23:07   #7
Mad-Mike

Happens to me aswell, I can go through a round with the bots following orders no problem and then another time they dont listen to me atall and fck off nd leave me on me own.
Bots = Have a mind of there own sometimes
Old 2009-11-17, 13:44   #8
Michael Z Freeman

I managed to nail down what is causing this. Broken commander in Patch 1.5. In BF2 1.41 PR 0.86 the commander did not know the order of capture but eventually he would send to the right one just by chance.

In BF2 1.5 PR 0.87 the commander does not command properly. I also cannot call mortar strikes.

Will PR SP team be requesting that EA release a new patch increment to fix this ?

Tags
aware, barracuda, capture, operation, order