project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2009-12-30, 15:26   #1
space
Banned
Default Invitation to clans without servers.

The Reality Teamwork Community is looking to attract some new clans. If you dont know who we are, here's some details:

Reality Teamwork - About Us

A few months ago the server was fully populated every night, and we had some of the best teamwork in PR ( partly due to use of Mumble VOIP ) Recently the server hasn't been quite as active, which has lead to a somewhat downward spiral in teamwork and population.

In the next few weeks, we will be making a new push for new players and clans, and also pushing the use of Mumble VOIP as well. Mumble users are given priority on the server, so within a few weeks we are hoping to once again achieve full use of Mumble on the server. Theres a full PR Mumble VOIP download and guide here:

A Guide to PR Mumble 0.5 - Reality Teamwork

One of the ways in which we achieved our previous success was by attracting clans to our server, which increased the teamwork, and improved the experience for everyone. No clans have priority on our servers, and we are not a clan, but we do offer admin access to active members of regularly playing clans. What we hope to see is at least 50% of the squads on the server to be made up of clans.

If you are a PR clan looking for a free regular server with good teamwork, then please let us know who you are, and we can offer one of your trusted members admin access, which will allow easy team switching etc for your clan mates. Also - just like all members on our forum - you have an equal say in the rules and administration of the servers.

If you have any questions then just ask, and we will be happy to help. You can contact me, or another RT Admin via the x-fire list in my sig (all admins have "RT Admin" after their name in the x-fire list - its also a great way of reporting problems in game, or for requesting a slot on the server).

We will be seeding the server everynight for the next couple of weeks, so if you want to try it, then download mumble from the link above and jump on the server - The server name is RT Reality Teamwork Mumble. We also have the following event on the 2nd of January:

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f37...0-1800prt.html

See you on the server!
space is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 15:52   #2
Burton

Default Re: Invitation to clans without servers.

I like that you're trying to get RT back up to the top of the server list, the RT server was superb at first, a breath of fresh air from the norm.

Things soon changed when admin's were appointed in excessive numbers often causing disputes because they're playing style etc weren't checked out enough before giving them their administrative powers. It didn't help that public players and clans couldn't claim assets as admins had already stated they were going to be the ones using them.
A clear case of too many cooks spoil the broth.

If you're going to get RT back up to it's former self quite a few things need to be changed..
Burton is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 16:06   #3
space
Banned

I've not been around for several months due to RL stuff, so I'm not sure whats been going on tbh. The problem we have now is a lack of admins and lack of regular players, so the plan is to get the server back to how it was.

The asset rule we have is clear :

Reality Teamwork Server Rules - Reality Teamwork

It applies to all players including admins. If anyone experiences abuse of admin powers, report it to me or Himalde and they will be removed. In fact we want feedback - If there is a problem post it on our forum - everything is decided by the community!

Also I named this thread incorrectly - any clans are welcome to the offer - even if they have a server. We realise that probably the majority of clans who own a server, don't actually play on it 95% of the time so we would like to see you guys on RT!
Old 2009-12-30, 20:31   #4
Jigsaw

In my opinion there were 2 problems with RT that lead to its popularity reducing. The first was that there were too many admins, all coming from different places. Because clans were offered admin positions for active members it came to a point where there were at least 6 different clans with admin powers, which is always going to cause disagreements and conflict. Without a central, recognised and active leader (eg. space) this became damaging to the experience on the server. What you are doing here is starting that whole cycle over again, and Space unless you are going to be on constantly then i've got to suggest that it may go the same way.

The other major problem was both teams being in the same mumble channel. This lead to chat spam and gloating (I even had one round on skirmish where there were at least 2 squads running around constantly shouting incoherent noises, totally ruining the immersion) which really damaged the experience beyond repair. As an example of successful mumble use I would point to TG, where there are 2 separate channels and even gloating over global chat is sometimes enough to warrant a kick. Unless this is fixed then again I cannot see it succeeding.

Good luck either way.
Jigsaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 21:50   #5
space
Banned

1 mumble channel vs 2 mumble channels was a constant discussion as half want it one way, and half the other - both have their pros and cons.

As far as admins are concerned, there wasn't many problems when I was about a few months ago, so we will make sure it goes back that way. We had an admin "clear out" a while ago (for several reasons) and I would say we have learnt from some of our mistakes.

So far we've had several awesome rounds tonight, and hopefully that will only get better over the coming weeks.
Old 2009-12-30, 22:35   #6
Kirra

Awesome. RT and T&T are (IMO) the two best servers in PR. The teamwork is awesome, especially with Mumble.
Kirra is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
clans, invitation, servers