project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
05 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2010-01-19, 22:36   #1
maarit
Supporting Member

Default accuracy suddenly different.

first,is your voip somehow disabled when you are not in squad?
(so when you click join squad you join in some voipserver or something?)
i played today in 3 different servers without squad and i just killed everything what moved.
i have played this version very much and i know that something was different today.
but i can say that difference was huge.
so is there more lag in 6/6 squad than 3/3 squad?i mean do 3/3 squad have better accuracy?

but im 100% sure that my accuracy was 100% better when i was just lonewolf.
maarit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 22:57   #2
snooggums
Default Re: accuracy suddenly different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarit View Post
first,is your voip somehow disabled when you are not in squad?
(so when you click join squad you join in some voipserver or something?)
i played today in 3 different servers without squad and i just killed everything what moved.
i have played this version very much and i know that something was different today.
but i can say that difference was huge.
so is there more lag in 6/6 squad than 3/3 squad?i mean do 3/3 squad have better accuracy?

but im 100% sure that my accuracy was 100% better when i was just lonewolf.
If you are talking about the in game VOIP, the buttons are bound to squad or commander chat. Squad chat only works if you are in a squad (no squadmates to broadcast to otherwise), commander chat only works if you are in the SL position in a squad or are the commander. So if you are not in a squad or commander then neither in game VOIP button will transmit to anyone in the game.

mumble is different, and the positional is only positional once you spawn into the game.

The number of players in your squad has not effect on your accuracy, ping or any other basic game play element. It only affects restricted items (like you must join a squad to request kits, be in the same vehicle for some positions, etc).
snooggums is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 23:34   #3
Georgerulz111

A little advice - Lone-wolfing is not going to get you anywhere in this game. One of the main themes of PR is teamwork.
Georgerulz111 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 00:31   #4
Truism

Lone wolfing gets you plenty of places.

The other day lone wolfing got me to about G8. Everything was snazzy down there, but I didn't have anyone to celebrate with v_v
Truism is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 07:47   #5
McCree

I think maarit means by this that does the VOIP take more bandwidth or not? Are all the players automatically connected to the voip system even if they are not in a squad? What could be the possible reasons to feel more accurate when lonewolfing?

I don't know, but my best guess is it all might have something to do with the EA-account login.
IIRC someone said that ingame lag, or the "swap" that you might experience (most noticeable when swinging your mouse really fast and your aim just keeps pulling back to the point of origin) has something to do with the EA-account.
McCree is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 08:20   #6
maarit
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCree View Post
I think maarit means by this that does the VOIP take more bandwidth or not? Are all the players automatically connected to the voip system even if they are not in a squad? What could be the possible reasons to feel more accurate when lonewolfing?

I don't know, but my best guess is it all might have something to do with the EA-account login.
IIRC someone said that ingame lag, or the "swap" that you might experience (most noticeable when swinging your mouse really fast and your aim just keeps pulling back to the point of origin) has something to do with the EA-account.
yeah,that was my point cos usually when i play in full squad its very hard to hit anything and i have very hard to like the accuracy/deviation thing.
but yesterday i loved the accuracy/deviation.
now it feels that voip is causing so much delay that the accuracy is worse.
but its not really matter if im connected with my voip to one player than 5 player?bandwidth is same?
maarit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 11:03   #7
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgerulz111 View Post
Lone-wolfing is not going to get you anywhere in this game. One of the main themes of PR is teamwork.
Not really. Lone wolfing is fine if the team is absolutely terrible or you have idiot squad leaders. Especially if you are trying to take out a cache or the like; The less people you have operating with you, the lower chance of failure or the alarm being raised.

Thats a story for another day though.

On topic, I don't think voip or anything like that on a server increases rego.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 19:40   #8
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgerulz111 View Post
A little advice - Lone-wolfing is not going to get you anywhere in this game. One of the main themes of PR is teamwork.
Lone wolfing as a coalition soldier will get you to four weapons caches in a one round, for example. Lone wolfing gives you 20-0 K/D ratio as a insurgent sniper/marksman. Lone wolfing scores you 8 kills from a single APC 30 minutes later you placed your mine. Lone wolfing will get you to undefended firebases behind enemy lines. Etc etc.

Lone wolf can be an excellent team player if he plays for the team and not for himself. Way too often so called team players play in a squad only for them selves when they should be playing for the whole team. Or squadfull of team players keep vital information inside the squad without reporting their observations to the rest of the team.

Are you sure you really meant to say "teamwork" and not "squadwork"?
Last edited by bad_nade; 2010-01-20 at 19:46..
Old 2010-01-21, 04:54   #9
Ghost_1ll1

Lonewolfing was good in vBF2, or against inferior pub opponents, though coordinated clans will annihilate you for lonewolfing in either version of the game;

but anyway if your rig is not that good, the more things happening at once will slow you down, not the server, but your personal rig's communication with the server.

if you have a good computer, all six ppl can be talking at once you can have five explosions on the screen at the same time and high settings everything and experience no lag.

if you experience lag from chat, you need to turn down your settings or turn up your pc's hardware(upgrade)
Ghost_1ll1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 04:59   #10
Truism

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless_noob View Post
Lone wolfing as a coalition soldier will get you to four weapons caches in a one round, for example. Lone wolfing gives you 20-0 K/D ratio as a insurgent sniper/marksman. Lone wolfing scores you 8 kills from a single APC 30 minutes later you placed your mine. Lone wolfing will get you to undefended firebases behind enemy lines. Etc etc.

Lone wolf can be an excellent team player if he plays for the team and not for himself. Way too often so called team players play in a squad only for them selves when they should be playing for the whole team. Or squadfull of team players keep vital information inside the squad without reporting their observations to the rest of the team.

Are you sure you really meant to say "teamwork" and not "squadwork"?
This is completely true. Lone wolfing in insurgency is like playing Metal Gear Solid. Honest to god. You just have such an incredible advantage over all the Insurgents that your Solid Snake antics are rewarded with Caches as long as you keep your wits about you and play intelligently.

You aren't so much fighting as hunting.
Truism is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
accuracy, suddenly