project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2010-01-22, 04:52   #1
SharpShooter13971

Question Lasing

Okay so spotting for Helos and Jets nad JDAMs :P. I need to know the basics, What happens when you lase a target? Can you only have one lase at a time? How do you request a JDAM with a GLTD? Help me with anything you can on lasing and the help will be much appreciated.
SharpShooter13971 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 05:01   #2
War-Saw-M249
Default Re: Lasing

Yeah you can only have one lase at a time, which lasts about 30 seconds. You just left click while zoomed in with the GLTD and then a green box should appear. If you are targeting a vehicle, the further away it is the trickier it will be to lase it because of the time taken for the laser to reach the vehicle, and it will be harder if its moving. To call a JDAM, you must be a squadleader. Hold the T button (default) and select "request area attack." The commander must accept the order before the JDAM can be dropped. When you are lasing and the green box does not appear, check your location, a cement wall may be blocking your lase so check to make sure that there is plenty of room in front of you. And when you are spotting for the jets/attack helicopters always give co-ordinates. Put an attack marker on the laser, then hit caps lock and check which grid location the laser landed, then relay that information to the jet/helicopter squad. That is all.
War-Saw-M249 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 08:19   #3
SharpShooter13971

thanks, i thought once you lased a vehicle it just stuck on it until someone destroyed it. If you lase a moving vehicle will it follow the vehicle until the lase wears off?
Old 2010-01-22, 08:37   #4
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

Tricky but if you laze the ground before the tracks or wheels they can pick up the laze.
Your best bet would be to go to a vehicle training server and have a play.
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 08:41   #5
SharpShooter13971

thanks for the help guys thats all i needed to know much appreciated
Old 2010-01-22, 08:48   #6
Myru

the actual lasermarker can be seen as a bullet the gltd fires away when leftklicking. This "bullet" sticks on ground, objects and vehicles when it hits them, marking them for your team's jets and helicopters until it automatically disappears after ~30sec.

As far as I remeber, the lasermaker was guided like a HAT missle when it was introduced but this feature has been removed, so you have to estimate where a moving vehicle will have moved within the time the lasermarker needs travel the distance between you and the target to hit it, making the laser stick.
Myru is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 18:53   #7
SharpShooter13971

Well a while ago on a training server I was lasing stationary tanks on kashan but when I lased a tank it would stick to the tank for a couple seconds then move behind the tank, while lasing other armor it would stick right in the middle of the tank

is this because my lase hit somthing on the way to the tank?

or is it just a visual thing and pilots still see the lase normally?
Old 2010-01-25, 14:50   #8
goguapsy

Here you go!

= win
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 01:54   #9
Zulnex
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguapsy View Post
Here you go!

= win
Very useful and informative video. Thank you very much.

Zulnex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 02:24   #10
Spuz36

*cough

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f13...your-gltd.html

Made by yours truly

Most of it is the same, just the laser boxes look different for Chopper views now.
Spuz36 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
lasing