Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Highlights Highlights of what work the Devs are currently working on

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-26, 07:16   #1
Deer
Default [Map] Beirut

Here is one of my 2 new maps for 0.9, Beirut =) Like some of you already know it will have IDF versus Russia. Its based on fictional situation where Israel is about to occupy Beirut, capital of Lebanon, while Russia does not accept it and sends their forces to face the IDF.

Vehicles
IDF starts from outside the city with APCs, Tanks and light vehicles, while Russia is using civilian cargo ship to launch helicopter landing into the city supported by APCs and light vehicles.

Gamemodes
For now map will have Vehicle Warfare gamemode and AAS gamemode with 3 different layers, 16 layer for light vehicles, and 32 + 64 layers to offer 2 different basic AAS setups, hopefully server admins will use other layers too instead of just the 64 =)

Tactical
I wanted to make the map give some advantage for the side who attacks from the sea with helicopters. There is few tactical things what i hope players will learn and use =) First there is lots of buildings that has entrance into the building from the roof, so helicopter can land troops on top of these buildings and infantry can then enter the building and use it as a fortress. 2nd there is 3 bridges and if attacking side destroys/mines all of them, defending side will have extremely hard time to capture attackers first/second flag from the docks and drive attackers completely out of the land area. 3rd is the enterable high building, that building is very easily defendable if you attack from the ground, however if you attack from the air with helicopter, you have advantage of landing on the roof and taking the building by assaulting from the top and from the bottom at the same time, and russian transporthelicopters has those machineguns so gunners can kill any enemy infantry who are defending the roof =)

Some stats
- 2km map
- ~340 roads
- 254 ladders
- made in ~1 month

Screenshots

Last edited by Deer; 2010-01-29 at 06:42..
Old 2010-01-26, 07:23   #2
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member
Default Re: [Map] Beirut

Very nice to have a little in depth explanation of what to expect from this map. I am most concerned about learning more about the parachuting and map in Silent Ridge.
Old 2010-01-26, 07:28   #3
Lt Mic

This map is going to be Awesome ! I just can't wait to play it
Old 2010-01-26, 07:34   #4
Teek
Supporting Member

didn't hold back on the pictures I see!

Old 2010-01-26, 07:37   #5
ma21212
Supporting Member

very nice. reminds me of that one map in WIC where you gotta search the appartment buildings for some reason :/ .... what helicopter are the Russians gonna use? the classic "Cow" (mi17) ?

Old 2010-01-26, 07:42   #6
Bellator

Good morning Deer.

The map is just awesome.
Old 2010-01-26, 07:45   #7
Rezza
Supporting Member

I was waiting for this highlight Lets see how the gameplay of this map will be like.

Old 2010-01-26, 07:45   #8
Maxfragg

- 254 ladders - so you maxed out the maximal count of ladders per map
oh, and i love to see this tunnel
Old 2010-01-26, 07:47   #9
alec89
Banned

This map looks very good. Will be the first map I'm gonna play. !!
Old 2010-01-26, 07:51   #10
psychickactivity

Splendid !!!!
Thanks for this !!
I am exiting like i have 10 years with chritmas!! 0.9 come on !!!
Closed Thread

Tags
beirut, map