project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2010-02-01, 08:11   #1
maarit
Supporting Member

Default insurgency question.

so,i played insurgency gamemode and i was just defending one cache.
british came there with vehicles but they all died but theirs vehicles survived.
so,is there better to destroy those or leave it
or like what i did,i put some mines,some grenadetraps there.
it was basically that,that british cant take those vehicles cos area was some much boobytrapped and mined.

but then my masterplan was ruined cos two friendlys came there and blowed those vehicles with ied.
maarit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 08:16   #2
Duck
Default Re: insurgency question.

Destroy it: If you destroy it, their team will loose tickets but it will respawn at base after few min and be rdy for use again.
Leave alone: Their team doesnt loose tickets, but they cant use the asset.

Its your choice really, but if u know that the asset is near many of your friendlies and the enemy cant reach it, i would leave it alone. But if you are moving out, destroy it.
Duck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 19:53   #3
Havoc134

There is no specific protocol for abandoned BLUFOR vehicles. First off, are you leaving the area? if so just blow it up. If you are defending and there is no action, booby trap it like you did. If you are defending and under fire destroy it. Some vehicles, such as helicopters that are vacant can be used to provoke a BLUFOR response, and should be mined, grenade trapped and filled with ied's, just in case they manage to get to the asset
Havoc134 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 08:34   #4
Leeu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarit View Post
so,i played insurgency gamemode and i was just defending one cache.
british came there with vehicles but they all died but theirs vehicles survived.
so,is there better to destroy those or leave it
or like what i did,i put some mines,some grenadetraps there.
it was basically that,that british cant take those vehicles cos area was some much boobytrapped and mined.

but then my masterplan was ruined cos two friendlys came there and blowed those vehicles with ied.
Destroy straight away and move on to your next engagement.

Time after time I see noobs wanting to go all "A-Team" (what I call them trying to apply in PR tactics they've seen in a movie) and start setting mines/IEDs/grenade traps and maybe even go sit in a bush waiting for enemy to approach before they detonate everything. In his head he has visions of grandure whereby multiple infantry and maybe another vehicle rolls up and gets vapourised by all the explosives he's put down.

As we all know combat is a highly fluid situation and no plan survives. So our little guy in a bush sits there waiting, probably gets taken out by a sniper (who's checking out the site where previously his fellow blufors got taken out). Friendlies probably end up destroying the vehicles anyway (as you say) or friendlies trip the mine/grenade traps.

It's the age-old question: "Do you want £10 now or £100 in a month's time?".
Leeu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 15:15   #5
burghUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeu View Post

It's the age-old question: "Do you want £10 now or £100 in a month's time?".

Just so you know...it's nothing like that and which idiot would take a boody tenner over a 100.
burghUK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 22:52   #6
Leeu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crAck_sh0t View Post
Just so you know...it's nothing like that and which idiot would take a boody tenner over a 100.
lmao @ crAck_faIl
Leeu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 06:59   #7
mosinmatt

Hey Leeu, I am MattE225 on Hardcore, great playing with you.
I may have to disagree with you. If you leave them, they will not respawn at their main.
Personally, if someone had abandoned a tank, or APC, I saw throw a mine or two under it, and leave it. How long do mines stay there? 30 minutes after you die?

A humvee though? Blow it, then let it respawn that way the blufor get back to you faster. Plus, now that blufor gets more tickets per cache, and only need 7, i guess we really should take out as much of their assets as fast as possible.
There have been many a time where mining the vehicle worked out perfectly.
Like if you know a squad is around, and find their humvee, mine it, cause they will probably return to it.

See a vehicle at an FOB? mine it, cause they might come to retrieve it.

All of my times though, i knew that blufor was around and would probably grab the vehicle to retreat
mosinmatt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 07:02   #8
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

I always leave it and booby trap the hell out of it.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
CodeRedFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 17:07   #9
mosinmatt

Here is a story. On Karbala, there was a FOB just north of the eastern mosque. Well, we took out the few guys there, and I laid an IED underneath the logistics truck that was there. Then I hid behind the building. Sure enough I hear the engine start up, and BOOM! No more logi, or soldier.
So, I personally say it is best to leave them, cause then they dont get them back. When they come to get them, you can ambush them.
But, if you get bored, destroy it, so they get them back. Then you dont hav eto wait so long for them to come charging back with their gun truck
mosinmatt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 02:06   #10
Meza82

i always, if possible, destroy enemy vehicles when i play as insurgents. the only way for insurgents to win is by causing ticket loss -materiell and personell causalties.
Meza82 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
insurgency, question