project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support
28 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2010-02-10, 22:29   #1
Shenobie
Exclamation I FOUND A FIX FOR LAG MAP

Hello all, I'm not sure but it work for me, and I recover my smile:
WHen i has all on hight and AAx8, the map GAZA BEACH was unplayble when I look to the EST. YAmalia is playable but i has drop FPS to 30 when i'm using any scoop.
THE fix is to change TEXTURE to Medium, and SURPISE ! I have no lag, NO LAG, my fps run at 75, in gaza when i'm looking to EST...
Try it ! Now i can kill the israely forces
Shenobie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 22:35   #2
Robbi
Supporting Member

Default Re: I FOUND A FIX FOR LAG MAP

This is what has been said to everyone since day one of lag problems, its usually you have the game too high for the PC your on, most of the time

Cheers for the post anyway Shenobie

Robbi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 08:25   #3
Shenobie

Hum, I think my pc is very good: A SLI of 8800gt, 3gb ram 666Ghz, Intel core duo E6400. All drivers updated. On the 0.87, I ran all on hight, and i hasn't any drop lag. I think for the 0.9, the dev not optimize the game, i think the texture run at hight on 1km, but normaly, he would be medium, and at 2km the textures would be run on low. I thinks all the texture, for all the distance run at hight, But you can't see correctly the texture at 2km.... You know what I mean ? I think that lag because the PC's can't run correctly ah hight texture map with 4km size... Optimize it ! thanks for reply Robbi
Old 2010-02-11, 11:06   #4
Shenobie
Thumbs up I found a good site for help settings

Hello all, today i found a site for me, because i turn my texture option to medium and i wanted to know if this have an some impact in the visuel. I want to share the site for all the community :
TweakGuides.com - Battlefield 2 Tweak Guide
Old 2010-02-11, 14:12   #5
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

yes, tweakguides have ALOT of good tips and tricks for BF2 players

also has the LAN server commnds, Local battlerecorder commands etc, so I reccommend everyone has a read.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fix, found, good, lag, map, settings, site